The Associate Director, Channel Excellence and Media, will work to support the Business Excellence team and our brand teams within the AstraZeneca US Oncology Business Unit (US OBU). This person will use his or her expertise in both HCP and DTC media to champion innovative approaches to paid media that connect with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals in order to support and achieve brand strategic goals.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, passionate change agent, and media expert who demonstrates strong collaboration skills across multiple stakeholders to create and implement media strategies. The pull through of these strategies requires this self-starter to remain objective while supporting brands and the broader organization in the oversight and performance management of the media agency
This role is based in Gaithersburg, MD and reports to the Senior Director, Oncology Customer Experience and Digital Strategy.
Media Strategy, Planning and Execution
- Serve as the primary US OBU media point of contact for therapeutic area portfolio, brand leads, digital program director and other cross functional teams to streamline relationships
- Manage media AOR responsible for planning, buying, performance management, and optimization of integrated paid media campaigns by oversight, providing brand perspective, partnering with AOR, monitoring staffing, working with procurement on quarterly audits, etc.
- Proactive implementation across related brands in partnership with Global Media Lead in order to continue ongoing development of AstraZeneca's media planning competency
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of US OBU brands including the science, strategies, goals, target audiences and market challenges in order to provide consultation and strategic partnership with Media AOR.
- Devise US OBU solutions for optimal performance of media, including but not limited to media reporting, diverse media suppliers, innovation
- Partner with the procurement team to monitor and audit media AOR performance
- Provide structured feedback to media AOR (staffing plans, performance plans, quarterly business reviews, anecdotal feedback)
- Troubleshoot for any potential issues, roadblocks for brands and provide solutions
- Provide updates and direction to brands on external media privacy laws and guidelines; emerging trends in media; changes in AZ governance provide updates on privacy laws and guidelines and to ensure adherence and understanding to remain compliant
- Develop approaches to build joint business partnerships with key media partners that drive efficiencies, create innovation and optimize performance
- Provide educational opportunities for HCP and DTC marketers by holding publisher information series, sharing POVs and trends within the marketplace and creating foundational training on media
- Partner with analytics leads to provide context and brand input on monthly and biannual measurement of promotional performance
Maintaining and Growing Business Relationships:
- Build solid relationships with DTC and HCP brand leads to become their go to for media related questions and answers
- Respond to leadership requests related to media performance
- Represent brand and business needs at the US OBU level
- Liaise with US OBU omnichannel teams to provide guidance on media strategy, selection of publishers and integration opportunities
- Facilitate the connection of US OBU marketers from all brands to share innovation, best practices and perspectives
- 4-6 years of experience in healthcare media for HCP and DTC, oncology experience a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare marketing, including building strategy and content, oncology experience a plus
- Proven experience managing and maximizing effectiveness of external agencies
Skill and abilities
- Ability to operate at a strategic and tactical level, with experience translating vision to execution
- Ability to act as a team player by building strong working relationships built on trust
- Apply strong quantitative skills with an ability to measure campaign and channel performance
- Ability to pivot quickly based on behavior change and market events
- Ability to influence without authority
- Operate at highest level of ethics and integrity
ogether, as ambitious experts, we're building the future and leading the next wave of transformation for our patients, business and Oncology. Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re- assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.