Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
As our Digital Marketing Specialist, you are responsible for influencing and executing Goodwill SoCal's digital marketing strategy, public relations opportunities and initiatives. You are skilled in using the latest media digital tools to expand Goodwill's brand reach locally while increasing brand loyalty and awareness, promote the company, grow digital community engagement, and improve company web, e-mail and social media presence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute successful and creative digital marketing campaigns using tools such as e-mail, text, social media, digital advertising, and website.
- Analyze and leverage key metrics to build, monitor and improve digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- Creatively seek new ways and ideas to market online with the latest digital platforms, tools, and trends.
- Manage the creation of video content and messaging to grow social media channels, e-mail communication and website traffic. Capture key events company-wide.
- Proactively identify and execute collaborations with local social media influencers to grow audience and drive sales. Coordinate filming with influencers.
- Identify and develop internal success stories for public/multi-media channel distribution. Produce stories and digital content.
- Work with marketing team to coordinate events.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate metrics reports, including but not limited to: digital media program outcomes and effectiveness, strategic goals monitoring and highlights, general marketing reports.
- Local travel required (30% within Southern California); a valid CA driver's license and state-required auto insurance necessary. Driving records must be acceptable by company's insurance vendor.
Education & Experience •
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in marketing, public relations, business administration or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of marketing experience.
- Proven experience in digital marketing, social media, e-mail campaign, and video content creation.
- Experience with customer relationship management and e-mail programs, including Salesforce and Mailchimp.
- Professional experience creating content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat and Pinterest.
- Advanced knowledge of video development and audiovisual editing software and presentation software, including Adobe Creative Suite 5, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with database and PR software (Cision) and design software - Adobe InDesign, etc
- Experience in strategic target marketing, segmentation and geo-targeting.
- Working knowledge of video development audiovisual editing software and presentation software including Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of social media, website analytics, and digital marketing best practices.
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, collaboration, and people skills.
- High degree of professionalism with ability to work under stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Creative, detail oriented and a resourceful problem solver.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer services skills.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Non-profit, retail experience and experience working with social media influencers helpful
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family Marketing/CommunityRelations Pay Type Salary Apply Now