Job ID: 412679
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo.
The Mechanic will be responsible for performing all needed inspections and repairs on Truck Mounted Drilling Rigs, Case 580N Backhoes, 17 - 23 Ton Crane/Boom Trucks, and other Heavy Construction Equipment in a safety sensitive environment, and effective manner. This position is subject to membership in the: International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 12. The successful candidate may be sponsored into the Union, if not already a member at the time of hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize diesel/gas engine diagnostic devices to troubleshoot all types of diesel and gasoline engines
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment
- Operates and inspects machines and equipment to diagnose defects
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists, as well as hand and power tools
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Maintains troubleshoots all types of hydraulic systems
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, electric motors, drums, seals, hydraulic pumps, valves, pistons, rods, gears, crankshafts, cylinder blocks, etc.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment)
- Welds broken parts, structural members
- Capable of building items using welders, torches, plasma cutters, etc.
- Directs workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment
- Performs record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms
- Plans work procedures and/or possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts and rearrangement of parts or subassemblies
- Performs general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas
- Assists other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Two year degree from college or technical school, certificate or degree in heavy equipment maintenance/repair, preferred
- At least five years of heavy equipment repair/maintenance experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Ability to use accurately and effectively use computerized diesel & gasoline engine diagnostic equipment
- Valid CDL A and satisfactory driving record is preferred
- Must possess valid DOT medical card (if applicable)
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set forth by the US DOT
What CRH Offers You
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move 94 lbs. unassisted and occasionally exert forces of pushing/pulling of 100 lbs
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Riverside Nearest Secondary Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Diesel Mechanic, Hydraulics, Maintenance Mechanic, Mechanic, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.