GFL Evironmental is searching for Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic to join our team in Stockbridge, GA! Safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate safely
At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow for life!
Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
- 2 pairs of boots per year
- Competitive benefits package
- Third party vendors to provide monthly training for our technicians - keeping us growing for life!
- Succession Planning in effect, with a promote from within culture on our shop floor!
- Cross Training - supports coverage during vacations and expands your breadth of experience
GFL Environmental is one of North America's leading waste management companies, proudly making communities cleaner, safer, and happier through first-class service. Working for GFL is more than a job - it's an opportunity to grow in your career, make new friends, and make a difference each day.
Our Mechanics safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate safely, so our Drivers can continue to keep local neighborhoods clean and safe, by courteously and efficiently providing waste removal and environmental services to customers.Salary:
up to $65,000-$95,000 per year including overtimeA day in the life of a Mechanic:
- Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment
- Maintain and repair heavy diesel, CNG, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily
- Plan and schedule repairs in M5 planner and procure all parts for successful plan
- Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment
- Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic
- Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on software systems and the willingness to learn.
- Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
- Experience using diagnostic software a plus
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions, work independently and maintain accurate records
- Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job
- Possess physical ability to perform all aspects of job
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
This job has expired.