The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate's/applicant's qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a Design Release Engineer in Auburn Hills. MI
The Design Release Engineer is responsible to lead the development of ECU/sensor design for the ADAS and Chassis features while working with suppliers and Engineering Support teams that include systems, wiring and validation engineers, Program Management, and Manufacturing teams as required to support and launch vehicle programs. Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with Tier 1 supplier to design, develop and integrate an ECU into multiple OEM vehicles
• Define and perform ECU validation for bench, system, and vehicle level
• Maintain EBOM and drawing releases for the different stages of vehicle milestones
• Perform Component and System FMEA
• Perform warranty data analysis on returned ECUs, identify issues and work with the supplier to implement corrective actions
• Create and manage engineering change requests to supplier(s)
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world's leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant's unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you'll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you'll enjoy many of the perks you'd expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• 2 to 6 years experience
• 3+ years of design release experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Knowledge of CAN based communication and tools
• Outstanding communication and organization skills
• Responsible for open issues, documentation and routing
• Responsible for production and prototype build support
• Act as on-site representative to client and OEM
• Manage coordination between OEM and Tier Client
• Responsible for documentation and release process
• Work with the tools and systems of the client
• Release electrical components for multiple projects
• Perform warranty data analysis, identifying top concerns and working to implement corrective actions.
• Manage cost reductions for all projects with suppliers
• Support digital lot submissions and packaging design reviews
• Update Quality road maps for department What you need for this position:
• Experience with component/module release
• Experience launching a product or program
• Automotive component/module release experience
• CAN experience including tools like Vector CANAlyzer, CANOE, CANAPE, neoVI
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
As Cognizant's chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays' guiding principles is 'do the right thing'. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1150100
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted 24 minutes ago
New York, New York
Posted 24 minutes ago
Posted 24 minutes ago