ABOUT THE JOB:
WillScot DMs participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle from pitch to production: creating renderings for clients, creating estimates and bid-packages, producing state-certified plans and logistics documentation, performing energy calculations using Com-Check and ultimately producing winning, profitable projects to delight our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Additional Design Responsibilities
- Prepare plans for planning, bidding, estimating and owner approval including presentation drawings and realistic perspective renderings.
- Develop floor plans from the space requirements defined in a customer's PFD (Program for Design) including multiple solutions to meet strategic sales objectives.
- Detail structural components for the Modular Construction Industry and create material takeoffs for modifications and installations.
- Manage multiple ongoing projects with attention to details and adherence to schedules.
- Responsible for gathering and organizing drawings, data/cut sheets and other submittals for the project
- Attend site meetings as needed for gathering site information or inspections.
- Monitor code development and code change cycles as needed to support projects and plan submissions.
- Provide support for technical questions by sales, operations and project teams.
- Generate and submit production level plans and documentation compliant with state certification/recertification requirements through the third-party agency/engineers as required.
- Perform energy calculations using Com-Check.
- Develop Architectural Site Plans and Logistics Plans for projects.
- Develop photo-realistic renderings for sales and marketing of projects.
- Research and review new products as needed for new product development, new code requirements, and material cost reduction efforts.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide CAD training and support to members of the department and develop/monitor and improve the CAD standard for the business.
- Attend customer meetings with Sales or Construction Services teams to develop project programming for new projects throughout North America.
- Perform design and plan reviews with internal teams and external customers.
- Occasional travel to job or client sites may be required.
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years' experience in related construction/project management field
- OR Associates Degree with 7 years' experience
- OR Technical Certification in AutoCAD and Revit with 10 years' experience
- Commercial construction plan creation using AutoCAD/Revit versions no more than 4 years old.
- Expertise/working knowledge of the International Code Council family of model building codes.
- Full working capability in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Additional capability in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Detailed production level experience.
- Commercial or residential modular expertise.
The opportunity to advance your career is ready for the taking at WillScot; if you're READY TO WORK, apply today!
WillScot is veteran-friendly. If you have military experience, we want to hear from you!
Mobile Mini, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Mobile Mini takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Mobile Mini is an equal employment affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please c all the Mobile Mini HR Service Center at 480-894-6311 to let us know the nature of your request. Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Sales Operations, Manager, Project Manager, Sales, Management, Technology