Basic Job Functions:
American Buildings Company, a Nucor company, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Design Engineering Supervisor. Successful candidates must be able to perform the following, but not limited to;
- Assistsales and profit efforts by directing and supervising the overall activities of the Design Group
- Supervise all necessary processes to ensure that designs meet or exceed all applicable specifications and standards. Protect the interests of our customers and the Corporation by guaranteeing our customers safe and functional building designs
- Work with the Design Group to provide safe, thorough, complete, accurate and timely building designs
- Aggressively maintain the design schedule to meet internal and external customer demand
- With guidance from the Builder Services Manager, the Design Supervisor is the primary individual responsible for the following:
- Developing/implementing teammate training and personal improvement programs, as well as providing performance appraisals and recommending compensation adjustments based on performance
- Providing mentoring, coaching and accountability
- Developing/maintaining current design policies, procedures and practices
- Developing/managing realistic department staffing requirements, expenditures for supplies and equipment and wage increases for employees
- Coordinating recruiting efforts and interviews for additions to the Design Group, as well as making hiring recommendations
- Along with the Builder Services Manager, participate in the strategic planning for the Design Group to meet future anticipated needs
- Maintain control of the design programs to ensure that the correct versions are being used
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering design experience
- P.E./S.E. registration or ability to obtain such within one year of accepting this position
- Hold safety as a core value and help advance our safety culture through initiating, leading, and upholding safety policies, practices, and procedures at all times.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Previous leadership experience
- 2 years of metal building industry design experience