Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The key role of this engineering position is to move from basic engineering responsibilities to fully contributing. At this level, Engineers begin partnering with and providing technical guidance within and between business units and other teams. Will assume responsibilities for small to mid size projects by coordinating cross functional activities. Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, multiple units, and both internal and external customers. These decisions have significant impact on warranty, total cost of non-quality, customer perception, costs, sales, and the leveraging of technology.
Design - 60% or greater
General - 20% - 40%
- Analyze and design small to midsize projects
- Uses CAD systems to layout, design and modify new or existing equipment and produce drawings.
- Performs complex engineering calculations on new and existing designs.
- Maintains individual design schedule to ensure on-time completion as determined by Project Leader.
- Creates designs within pre-defined schedule and cost targets and supports implementation in Production.
- Manage small to medium sized projects
- Supervision of outsourcing personnel in the design of components
Equipment 20% - 40%
- Self manages projects and timelines. Provides updates as necessary.
- Creates and maintains bills of materials and writes engineering change orders.
- Interfaces with others during the design, building and field-testing of prototypes or production models - i.e. Production, Testing, Sourcing, Planning, Suppliers or Customers.
- Lead and present design and project information in design reviews
- May be required to coordinate the contribution of other team members
- Meets requirements on function, reliability, safety and performance of equipment operation.
- Able to function under minimal supervision
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEducation
- Troubleshoot and solve equipment problems.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
3+ years in industry related field.Preferred
- Railroad industry experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experienced in 3D CAD modeling. Proficiency in Pro E Creo is preferred
- Mechanism analysis using standard methods (hand calculations) and/or computer simulation (mechanical preferred).
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Experience in design structures and mechanisms
- Experience with electrical control and hydraulic systems.
- Results driven
- Ability to adjust workload to meet tight deadlines
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in technical problem solving
- Ability to adjust and be flexible with shifting priorities
Work is primarily light duty and requires the ability to regularly lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit, stand and walk unassisted. Requires the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to talk and hear. Normal correctable vision is required.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.