Delivery Manager - REMOTE
Why you want to work at Flexion:
Flexion is seeking a Delivery Manager to lead, facilitate and support our agile development team(s) to successfully deliver products for our clients. For this project, you will be working with a team that will be modernizing a critical state government system and helping to improve the lives of millions of state residents.
At Flexion (an agile software company that's been delivering excellence for over 24 years), our company culture is built on autonomy, trust, and transparency. We empower teams to remain autonomous and self-directed by hiring people who can solve complex problems by functioning collaboratively-this means lending a hand and flexing your multi-skilled muscles (business application software engineering, database engineering, DevOps, security engineering, etc.) as needed. Every member within a cross-functional team is a leader who takes responsibility for the entire team's success, which mirrors the company's overall flat structure.
What the job looks like:
You'll be part of a multi-disciplinary, agile application development team. The project work is primarily remote but may require some client on-site work estimated at < 5%. This role includes the following accountabilities:
Why we want to hire you:
- Support the team as a servant leader
- Ensure that the team has appropriate definitions of done
- Drive and manage program level tasks, including managing oversight metrics
- Be the primary point of agile process contact to the client
- Work closely with the Product Owner and other stakeholders to create, manage and drive the product roadmap
- Ensure stories are well-defined and work with the Product Owner to ensure high quality stories
- Help the Product Owner and Development Team have a Product Mindset (self-funding frame of mind)
- Coach the Development Team in Scrum, self-organization, cross-functionality, and small vertical slices, as necessary
- Maintain awareness of team health and work to fix or escalate positive and negative issues
- Maintain awareness of team member performance and engage Flexion delivery leadership as needed to address negative or recognize positive issues
- Report team opportunities, risks, and status to Flexion delivery leadership
- Provide team-level hire recommendation for new team members during recruiting
- Coordinate orientation of new team members to the team members, processes, and tools
- Initiate client-specific onboarding for new team members
- Ensure that the team activity, process and velocity are visible and understood by key stakeholders
- Assist with subcontractor performance feedback
- Accountable for team administrative activities such as coordinating team travel arrangements, reviewing invoices and travel expenses, managing team-level client authorizations such as data usage agreements and tracking project hours
You thrive working in a dynamic team environment and embrace servant leadership. You want to work with team members that challenge you every day. You demonstrate an unwavering commitment to product excellence. You have:
At Flexion, we live by these principles:
- 5 years of product or technical leadership experience with a total of 10 years working with teams
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher) or equivalent experience
- Strategic thinker, analytical and outcome-driven.
- A servant leadership attitude and skills to gain credibility, garner respect, and balance business priorities and opposing viewpoints, while adhering to Agile concepts and principles. Experience with enabling teams to self-organize to resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Deep knowledge and experience of Agile and classic project management practices. Understands the fundamentals of iterative development, incremental delivery, and backlog management.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills to connect, engage, and influence the team and stakeholders
- Advocate for the team and negotiate with business/corporate areas
- Solid analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and schedules, handle multiple issues simultaneously, and to manage stressful situations.
- Basic knowledge of technical concepts, architectural principles to drive scalable solutions.
- Speak openly and honestly with your colleagues and clients about problems and proposed solutions
- Welcome and handle changing requirements and priorities with little or no warning
- Collaborate online in small groups about 50% of the time
- Encourage simple and minimal solutions that keep options open
- Expect and vocally advocate for quality first
- Learn new practices and techniques as the situation demands
- Ensure the teams develop demonstrable software every week or two
- Do what needs to be done to deliver the product or project without ego or attitude
- Dig deep to find the root causes of problems so we can create the right solutions
- Relentlessly improve yourself, your team, and your processes
The most efficient way to reach our recruiting team is to submit your resume through the URL provided. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-478-2598 for assistanceJob Location
811 E. Washington Ave., Suite 400 Madison, WisconsinPosition Type
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-205-8868 for assistance.
This job has expired.