Overview / Responsibilities
Are you an Engineer or Construction Manager (CM) with 3-7 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with senior staff on technically challenging decommissioning and demolition (D&D), environmental remediation, and other construction projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established global engineering/consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Americas. (Wood) is currently seeking a Mid-Level Engineer or Construction Manager to join our team in our Novi, MI Office. The role will support the planning, designing and execution of D&D, remedial construction and other civil construction projects with a broader project team. D&D projects range from small ancillary structures to large power or chemical plant facilities. Remediation projects typically include construction of soil vapor extraction systems, in-situ thermal and chemical oxidation, excavation, caps/covers, sediment dredging and stabilization, groundwater pump and treat systems, or other general civil site work. The position is approximately 25 percent field work/travel and 75 percent office work for a wide range of industrial, commercial, federal, state and municipal clients.
- Prepare or assist with specifications, plans, and bidding documents used to procure contractors to execute the work.
- Prepare or assist with conceptual demolition/construction cost estimates.
- Understand regulated materials and waste management procedures/requirements.
- Review contractor submittals including qualifications, equipment specs, data, and Work Plans.
- Support Wood onsite personnel for compliance with project designs, specifications and contract requirements throughout construction.
- Support Wood Project Manager with contractor payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals.
- Monitor proper documentation of construction activities, including review of daily, weekly and monthly construction reports prepared by field staff.
- Interface with Wood clients, government officials and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional contacts.
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and construction/engineering team meetings.
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel to project sites throughout the US.
Skills / Qualifications Role Requirements
- Approximately 3-7 years engineering or construction management-related experience, preferably related to demolition or remediation.
- Understanding of means and methods associated with demolition, remediation technologies, civil work, CSI specifications, and construction drawings.
- General understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and general building systems.
- Computer knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Strong fundamental math skills.
- Maintain and advocate a safe working environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy.
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related field preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hr training in accordance with 29CFR1910.120
- OSHA HAZWOPER Site Supervisor
- OSHA 10 or 30 hr Construction Safety
- Working outside in various, inclement weather conditions, uneven terrain.
- Office/Field work with computer.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.