TITLE: Day Treatment Clinical Intern
Certifications: CPR and First Aid required within first 60 days of internship
Requirements: Letter of Recommendation. Physical and TB
General HOURS: M-F 8:00am - 5pm, may require occasional evening hours.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager or Licensed Clinician
Following an initial period of shadowing and training, the Day Treatment Student Intern provides individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, case management, and milieu-based interventions for Skyline Academy under the supervision of a licensed clinician. Skyline Academy is an intensive facility school/day treatment program at WellPower, serving students ages 6 to 14-years old in grades 1st through 8th. Skyline Academy provides year-round services, with specialty social-emotional programming during the Summer. The approach of the team is characterized by being strengths-based, family-centered, culturally proficient and community responsive. Skyline Academy students require individualized educational plans within an adaptive and trauma-informed environment due to their specific learning and social-emotional needs. This position provides trauma informed care, ensures a safe environment, and provides intensive documentation to ensure successful achievement of educational and treatment plan goals. This position provides crisis interventions as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, and individual, group, and/or family therapy to assigned students.
• Provide some case management and coordination services to students as needed.
• Develop treatment plans; monitor treatment progress and follow-up at disposition times.
• Assist students with psychological development, social development, and rehabilitation.
• Working with psychiatrists, nurses, and other professionals, coordinate medication/medicinal needs of students with medical sources.
• Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Organization standards.
• Participate in team/WellPower meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
• Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
• Provide a supportive and structured environment for students in order to promote growth and ensure safety.
• Provide direct behavior modification interventions and instruct students on social, emotional and daily living skills in alignment with clinical treatment goals.
• Help lead and actively participate in school and therapeutic programming.
• Intervene with students in crisis, utilizing approved crisis intervention strategies and de-escalation techniques.
• Model and teach conflict resolution to students.
• Help to ensure classroom and milieu safety at all times.
• Communicate with parents/guardians regularly to ensure engagement and collaboration to reach student goals.
• Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or licensed clinical supervisor.
EDUCATION: 2nd Year Master's or Doctoral Students in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or other related human services field with an emphasis on clinical work.
EXPERIENCE: One year experience in mental health or human services preferred. Prefer candidates with milieu programming or serving children with acute behavioral needs in a therapeutic setting.
• Letter of Recommendation
• Physical and TB prior to starting position
• CPR and First Aid, and TCI Certifications within the first 6 months of internship.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
• Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
• Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
• Familiarity with the DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, flexibly, and quickly adapt to changing situations.
• Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
• Ability to adapt, problem-solve and communicate in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Strong communication skills with diverse individuals
• Self-motivated and directed, demonstrate strong relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated engagement skills with children, youth, family members and other professionals
WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required and must be completed prior to hire (i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment.
Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago