Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
We offer the following benefits:
- 30% discount on merchandise
- competitive salary
- career advancement
- Bonus opportunity
- an excellent benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay, Medical/Dental/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance & 401k.
- Manage SQL Server databases from Development, QA, Staging and Production systems.
- Act as a contributor to SQL Roadmap and near and far term planning sessions
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with performance troubleshooting, query tuning, and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems. On a rotation basis.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores and applicable recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), AAG & Windows Clustering with SQL Server, and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS (or other ETL process and procedure).
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, 'get-it-done' personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
*Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 required for employment, reasonable accommodations considered for medical, pregnancy or sincerely held religious beliefs.