Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is presently recruiting a Data Scientist in Houston, TX. The is a contract role and seated within Wood client office. The Data Science Team focuses on Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the overall goal of building powerful deep learning models. Data Scientist is expected to create innovative technologies through working on a diverse and stimulating range of projects, including development of various types of deep neural networks for prototype applications,and scale of deployable AI solutions to be embedded into commercial platforms for subsurface characterizations.
Having built an environment with passionate and engaging culture to provide an encouraging balance of structure and flexibility, extremely encourages Data Scientists to collaborate with Geophysicists, Geologists, and Engineers from all disciplines within the exploration organization. This role is responsible for leading to reach ambitious creativity and the scope of creative breakthroughs for geophysical and geologic workflows through the integration of deep-learning-approaches.
Key responsibilities :
- Software development for Petrel plug-in with integration of deep learning models for geoscience applications
- Develop standardized code for handling various datasets, including seismic, well log, drilling data, etc.
- Automate deep learning workflows applied to seismic interpretation, inversion, drilling, and well logs.
- Develop code for enhancing subsurface data quality to improve deep learning performance
- Develop tools for subsurface data visualization and processing in expediting deep learning workflows
- Provide innovative solutions to increase workflow efficiencies in areas where elements could be optimized and improved through artificial intelligence including but not limited to:
- Automation of traditional workflows in the exploration activities
- Reduction of cycle times and improvement of the precision for subsurface interpretations and reservoir quality
- Enhancement of imaging quality of seismic data
- Better leverage of various types of data
- Work collaboratively with Data Scientists and Geoscientists in applying developed algorithms to solve challenging and high impact problems within the exploration and production domains
Skills / Qualifications
- Familiar with Petrel software development
- Coding skills in Python
- Experience in working with geophysical and petrophysical data sets
- Experience in developing web apps or API backend in using Django, Flask, or other
- Experience in the AI domains that have been applied to the fields in computer vision or natural language processing
- Python programming skills and familiar with one of deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience in developing and automating data science pipelines
- Understanding of latest neural network architectures such as convolutional neural networks, generative models,recurrent neural networks, etc.
- Master's Degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Geophysics, or related-quantitative fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work in a dynamic, and product-oriented team
- Capable of self-organized and self-motivated, play well with others, and willingness to learn from and teach others
- Real passion to work with domain experts and solve hard problems
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- The Client Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve.
- Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Creativity - constantly seeking new ideas and ways of doing things to enhance value and reduce delivery risk.
- Inspires Innovation - uses a full scan of the world and seeks world-class performance; bold in exploring disruptive changes to make breakthroughs happen to the ultimate benefit of the shareholder
- Thinks Strategically - sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented
- Demonstrates Courage - questions the status-quo, takes hold of challenges and formulates a way forward
- Builds Trusted Relationships - works to move outside of comfort zone and develop trusted relationships and new business partnerships that enable business challenges to be tackled effectively; creates effective teams
- Drives Continuous Improvement - thrives on applying existing knowledge to challenging tasks, being eager to learn new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Be able to adapt easily to meet the fast pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Delivers High Performance - unsatisfied with the status quo; urgently driving to improve business performance through relationships, process, innovation, etc.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.