At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Data Science Program Manager to join a Global Data Science PMO in San Jose location. Global Data Science division develops cutting edge AI/ML based solutions that serve the entire PayPal ecosystem. GDS PMO owns all aspects of portfolio, program management for the whole data science organization that is geographically distributed among San Jose, Shanghai, Tel Aviv and Chennai offices.
- Role will involve understanding business requirements, ability to translate & implement solutions in a scalable and consistent way using applicable tools and processes
- Ability to translate business requirements, work with various levels of business and Engineering/ Data Science stakeholders to create innovative design solutions
- Ability to help drive execution across all phases of projects in connecting engineering with Architecture, Partner & Product teams.
- Role will be a hybrid of project management, process improvement & tooling for Global Data Sciences (GDS)
- Own & Drive Scrum of scrum ceremonies & act as Agile champion for the domains supported
- Drive coordinated management of inter-dependent projects in Agile and waterfall environments
- Automate team dashboards, metrics delivery & executive presentation using tools outlined
- Drive operational excellence activities required to ensure a streamlined production process of our data science deliveries
- Manage project/program level communications both between and across GDS & its customers
- Ensure timely delivery of projects & measurable KPIs are documented
- 4-6years project management experience (data science domain a plus)
- Expertise & proven hands-on experience in the following tools: Jira, Smartsheet, Clarizen, MS Office suite
- Strong knowledge of Data Science life cycle processes, tools & techniques
- Self-managed, proactive & possess strong sense of ownership
- A people's person with solid communication skills (both online and off) to varied levels of audience.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, open team environment
- Superior attention to details and organization skills
- Agility in working across time zones (we have teams in NA, EMEA and APAC)
- A Bachelor's degree
Experience with the following:
- Direct collaboration with datascientists/developersand business customers
- Online payments, Risk, fraud, or data science domains preferred
- Expertise in Agilework environment.
- Prefer PMP, CSM certification
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$72700 to $176000
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.