Software development plays an integral role at Everside Health to integrate business process with IT systems to deliver best in class healthcare services to our patient population. We are using cutting-edge technology, data, and a highly engaging user experience to revolutionize direct primary care for our patients. We are looking for a QA engineer for our data warehouse and business intelligence stack to drive quality improvement.
The candidate will have strong software development skills and will leverage those skills in all activities, including the extension of and improvement upon an existing home-grown suite of automated test tooling. He or she will be able to understand software architecture and requirements; create, execute, and automate test plans and test cases; track and articulate test results; define and validate acceptance criteria; juggle multiple projects and priorities; and objectively assess production readiness from a quality perspective.
This position will be reporting to the Director of Engineering and plays important role in testing ETL, databases and Tableau dashboards. This position will collaborate closely with other teammates: product owner, business analyst and developers to deliver high quality product.
Everside Health is a national on-site, near-site and virtual primary care provider on a mission to fix America's broken healthcare delivery model. We are technology-driven and care-obsessed.
With our expanding reach, scale, and expertise, we truly make an impact on a national level by serving more clients and improving the health of more people, all while achieving the goal of reducing the total cost of healthcare for employers and organizations. That's why we exist - and our relentless focus through care delivery access, technology, transparency and relationships drives us every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quality Assurance Planning
- Participate in Spring planning and daily scrum meetings
- Reviews software requirements and provides quality-related feedback
- Validates achievement of software requirements
- Attains subject matter expertise through stakeholder interviews and establish thought leadership in those domains as a champion of quality.
- Creates effective test plans and data sets related to functional/integration testing and end-to-end/system testing for ETL, database and reports.
- Articulates test results, progress, and impediments to product leadership and the development team.
- Assists in disposition and prioritization of all reported software defects.
- Proposes ideas for improving quality and enhancing Development, Validation, Release, and Support processes
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and the ability to keep projects on track.
- Quality Assurance software engineering
- Creates SQL jobs, stored procedures, and scripts to automatically test the quality of data in staging and data warehouse environments.
- Creates automated scripts to test Tableau dashboards.
- Creates, documents, and executes test cases to support the software release process.
- Expands and improves test automation and the automation framework to improve test coverage and efficiency.
Deployment and Support
- Assesses software deliverables with regard to functionality, usability, and scalability.
- Objectively assesses production readiness from a quality perspective
- Performance, reliability, availability, and serviceability
- Participates in deployment activities and performs smoke testing of newly released software code.
- Helps support team in diagnosis of reported issues related to software features and functionality.
- Personal/Career Development
- Advances job knowledge to the next level by participating in educational opportunities.
- Stays current on advances in test tooling and strategies.
- Other duties and responsibilities (5%)
- Assists with other technical projects and tasks (e.g. development of supporting applications, ad hoc requests) as needed by the company
- Forward-thinking; initiating and proactive
- Creative and strategic
- Track record of strong leadership behaviors; with an operational mindset
- Commitment to Everside Health's Core Values: Patients First, Courage, Ingenuity, Fun, and Community
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to obtain results
- Able to balance and prioritize across multiple organizational needs and opportunities
- Works independently with minimal direction
- Possesses a solid understanding of databases and writing SQL queries
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Upholds the Agile philosophy and maintains flexibility in a changing environment
- Has strong organization skills, a high degree of ownership for projects, and strong follow-through
Pay Range:$80,000 - $105,000
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 or more years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 3 or more years of experience writing SQL stored procedures and scripts; Has proven skill in programming and testing with both SQL databases
- Experience with creation, execution, and maintenance of automated data and dashboard validation using SQL and automation technologies such as Selenium.
- Exposure to healthcare, claims, member enrollment, provider and clinical data models would be a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce and EMR (Electronic Medical records system) eClinicalWorks will be an added advantage
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Should have effective verbal, communication, and presentation skills.
This job has expired.