Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Altus Group U.S., Inc., a leader in State and Local Tax consulting, has an immediate opening in its Personal Property practice for a Data Processor. Altus serves clients throughout the US and is seeking individuals with property tax and valuation experience. This is an opportunity to join a growing practice at a leadership level with unlimited career opportunities.
This position works out of our Bellflower, CA office, where the culture is open and collaborative.
Successful applicants will work in a dynamic team environment emphasizing excellence in client service, practice development, and individual skills development. Job activities and responsibilities may broadly include:
- Data entry of tax bills, assessment notices, returns, and other official documents into property tax tracking software Assisting with preparation of property tax appeal documents and returns as directed by consultant and/or managing personnel
- Coordinating hearing dates with various taxing jurisdictions; consolidating dates based on industry and issue under appeal
- Managing due dates for return preparation and other jurisdiction information requests; ensuring compliance along with project managers
- Supervising and/or assisting with the printing and mailing of returns and hearing exhibits to ensure timely delivery
- Communicating effectively with state and local tax authorities, third party appraisers, attorneys and internal staff to obtain or exchange information and coordinate scheduling
- The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially in Excel and Outlook)
- Proficiency using Adobe
- Ability to work against deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in searching for and obtaining publicly available information
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Self-motivated with high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics
- Ability to work flexible hours
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Altus Group to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com or . (416) 641-9500
This job has expired.