Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software solutions in the Hadoop cluster
- Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software solutions in Hadoop cluster
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, unit testing and integration testing
- Assume ownership and accountability for the assigned deliverables for him/herself and a small (3-5 member) team.
- 10-15 years of IT experience with at least 3-5 years in BigData project experience
- Strong Hadoop eco system technical knowledge
- Extensive hands on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions in Hadoop cluster
- Experience with strong UNIX shell scripting, SQOOP, eclipse, HCatalog, Pig scripts, Hive QL, UDF - design & development
- Hands-on experience with Spark and Scala - design & development
- Experience in Kafka
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in Hadoop Best Practices, Troubleshooting and Performance tuning
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in Hadoop production
- Experience with change management / DevOps tools (Github / Jenkins etc.)
- Experience in SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- Mentoring / leading a team and provide technical guidance
- Good communication skills. Will need to communicate with client IT PMs, client lead and architects
- Working experience with developing MapReduce programs running on the Hadoop cluster using Java/Python
- Experience with NoSQL Databases like HBASE, Mongo or Cassandra
- Experience using Talend with Hadoop technologies
- Working experience in the data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
- Business requirements management and Systems change / configuration management. Familiarity with JIRA
- Experience in ZENA (or any other scheduling tool)
Oxford is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oxford will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. Oxford is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.