Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.valid.com.
Valid is hiring a Data Analyst at our Downers Grove location. This individual will maintain and update data conversion scripts and layouts, and create new scripts for clients. The Data Conversion Analyst will deliver products according to a pre-defined schedule in a self-managed environment. Interfaces with IT, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering, Service and Support and Sales
What will you do?
What are we looking for?
- Use basic programming and logic skills to create, update, and maintain data layouts and conversion scripts for various clients (Python and FoxPro are the main programming languages used).
- Receive data files from clients and then convert the data into scripts we can use with our production machinery.
- Perform accurate and timely completion of reports and tasks related to data conversion.
- Demonstrate knowledge about data's role in the card personalization process. Understand how we get the data, how it is converted, and how it is used after conversion.
- Meet the requirements and deadlines established for a given project.
- Follow internal processes and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve reported defects.
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate assignments and communicate status.
- Actively participate in departmental and project design meetings. Effectively communicate project status with direct supervisor and functional project owner. Meet the desired due date for all assigned projects
- Work to understand clients' needs and analyze user requirements.
- Perform related responsibilities and duties as required.
What we offer:
- Associate's degree in Information Technology or related field and a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated programming experience in Python and/or FoxPro.
- Experience in the plastic card manufacturing and packaging industry is a big plus.
- A team player with strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and a service orientation.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of 4 medical plan options under the Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, 401(K), 2 weeks of vacation and 6 additional days of paid time off and paid holidays