A Customer Engineer II is responsible for the planning, testing, implementation, and documentation of small to large projects and deployments for new and existing customer base. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for projects, systems analysis, systems design, systems implementation, and systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting multi-site Active Directory 2008/2012/2016/2019 environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting multi-site WAN environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting on-premises networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations (including but not limited to cabling, routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and overall network architecture).
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting virtualization environments
- Proven customer facing field experience.
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting backup solutions both on-site and remote
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting storage area networks
- Designing, Implementing and troubleshooting Cloud solutions to include O365, M365, and Azure
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP:Server Administrator, MCITP:Enterprise Administrator or equivalent hands on experience.
- Minimum of 4 years related hands-on work experience.
- Work experience must include supporting local area network connected devices or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CCNA or equivalent hands-on experience
- CCNP or equivalent hands-on experience
- Apple computer hands-on experience
- VCP or equivalent hands-on experience
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Willingness to travel within and outside the region
- Managed Services experience is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012/2016/2019 and Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Windows operating system (2008/2016/2019/XP/7/10).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (2003/2010/2013/2016).
- Proficient with Cisco, SonicWall, Meraki, and Ubiquity router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration and management.
- Proficient with On-Premise Exchange to O365/M365 migrations
- Extensive knowledge of MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
- Expertise in routing and switching technology and terminology as well as the OSI model and how it applies to telecommunications.