The Creative Graphic Designer (for KC Image Lab) creates new graphic design concepts for screen print and embroidery decoration for seasonal sales sample lines, sketch art requests, special art collections and sales presentations according to standard protocol and systems. This position is very retail focused; working on brands like Hanes at Wal Mart and Champion at Dick's Sporting Goods and Kohl's. There is also a sub group called Specialty that is Champion at Mid-Tier retail shops like Urban Outfitters, Zumiez, and Pac-Sun. The right candidate will need excellent creative design skills, production skills and have an in-depth knowledge of screen print and embroidery production according to industry standards. This job requires well developed verbal and written communication skills. Additional special projects may include the creation of garment/decoration sales tools, garment collection boards for client presentation, trend boards etc. This role requires an understanding of all relevant/current market trends and a broad aesthetic to design for Men's, Women's, in Lifestyle, Specialty and Performance markets.
- Responsible for new creative concepts for seasonal sales sample lines, sketch requests, special art collections, sales presentations, trend presentations and events according to standard protocol and systems.
- Excellent creative design skills, trending skills, production skills and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Have a strong understanding of screen print, embroidery and garment decoration production requirements.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of screen print and embroidery production systems, as well as sample systems
- Possesses strong market knowledge per Brand and division with whom the department collaborates.
- Researches current market trends in garment decoration processes, art locations & techniques, and develops new art/technique concepts accordingly.
- Works with Sales, Merchandising, and Clients directly. This Design position requires presenting new art concepts and engaging in presentations (both internal and external) multiple times per year.
- Travel required (various locations) to work with internal partners, retail trending, and client presentations.
- Must be able to react, respond and create very quickly in complex and fast paced situations
- Will assist Creative Director in sale, client, and internal presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent industry related experience.
- Two - three years' experience in field
- Understanding of basic graphic art concepts such as composition, color relationships and balance.
- Mastery of Macintosh computer and Adobe Creative Suite graphic design software
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: