Led by Rodolphe Saadé, the CMA CGM Group, a global leader in shipping and logistics, serves more than 420 ports around the world on five continents. With its subsidiary CEVA Logistics, a world leader in logistics, and its air freight division CMA CGM AIR CARGO, the CMA CGM Group is continually innovating to offer its customers a complete and increasingly efficient range of new shipping, land, air and logistics solutions.
Committed to the energy transition in shipping, and a pioneer in the use of alternative fuels, the CMA CGM Group has set a target to become Net Zero Carbon by 2050.
Through the CMA CGM Foundation, the Group acts in humanitarian crises that require an emergency response by mobilizing the Group's shipping and logistics expertise to bring humanitarian supplies around the world.
Present in 160 countries through its network of more than 400 offices and 750 warehouses, the Group employs more than 150,000 people worldwide, including 2,900 in Marseilles where its head office is located.
Business expert in operational expenditures and local revenue tasked to monitor invoice reception and validation processes, and to guarantee the conformity of operational costs debited to the group. The Cost Controller works with other departments such as operations, sourcing, and GBS to ensure that all costs are properly accounted for and controlled. He/she develops projects to support automation of invoice control, improve the performance of GBS, and to detect risk to mitigate and reduce potential risk of overbilling or fraud.
This position will be responsible to:
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Track and improve invoice processing process from reception until ready for payment. Follow up Statement of account and resolution of pending items. Drive action of internal teams to address bottlenecks.
- Maintain database of contractual tariff and rebates, follow up on application and ensure information is available for internal users and support communication with internal users per function and confidentiality policies
- Improve invoice validation processes by periodical revision of standard operational manuals to detect loopholes and propose actions plans, guidelines, instruction, etc. Sustain and increase coverage of tools to automate invoice booking and control to minimize manual processes
- Monitor invoice validation flow by monitoring Global business Service- GBS activities, solve Request of Information and correct recurrent issues.
- Perform analytical evaluation of data and operations, revision of processes, SOPs, instructions, etc. to identify loopholes and risks. Formulate missions and audit programs to ensure proper invoice control and cost - revenue recovery.
- Support and engage in a team mindset of high performance, participate in permanent improvement actions and support a team culture of innovation.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in accounting, business, logistics, or similar fields from a four-year college or university. Optional waiver extensive specific experience in related functions
- Preferred experience in shipping, Logistics or supply chain
- Working knowledge of finance systems and invoice validation
- Training or working knowledge in financial forecasting
- Preferred Training or working knowledge in Lean Six Sigma or another optimization methodology
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office products and data visualization
- Advanced skills in data management.
- Ability to develop processes and design process manuals in automated environment
- Ability to monitor and manage priorities and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing culturally diverse and remote teams
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex situations
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Accepts responsibility and accountability with focus on results
- Ability to read and interpret contractual agreements
- Available for sporadic national travel
Come along on CMA CGM's adventure! CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.