Plant Name: Oak Brook Executive Office - 105053
Mauser Packaging Solutions is currently hiring for a Corporate Paralegal our in-house Global Legal and Compliance department.
The Corporate Paralegal will handle a variety of work including corporate governance, entity maintenance, document and contract management, and other projects with a focus on improving records management and legal department operations and processes. Reports directly to the General Counsel and is located in the corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, IL.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, personal care, paints and chemicals.
As a Corporate Paralegal at Mauser, your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all legal entity (subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships) corporate governance record keeping, including certificates of incorporation, by-laws, operating agreements and other organization documents, officer and director lists, meeting minutes and corporate resolutions, "doing business as" filings and annual renewals.
- Manage data base of legal entity data and maintain a current legal entity organizational chart
- Key participant in corporate projects to consolidate and simplify legal entity structure, including assisting with entity management, formation and dissolution of entities, various annual requirements, and communication with state agents
- Prepare and submit various regulatory filings and assist in responding to regulatory inquiries
- Act as Notary public for organization
- Provide contract support, including managing a data base of contracts and assisting with contract review workflow, prioritization and reviews.
- Coordinate and participate in legal department team meetings
- Collaborate effectively with legal department and cross-functional teams on special projects and initiatives, M&A, due diligence, and information requests.
- Provide support related to litigation, including preparation of responses to litigation discovery requests, subpoenas, and management of legal hold and eDiscovery activities.
- Other duties as assigned by internal counsel
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and/or ABA approved Paralegal Certificate.
- 7+ years of experience in a corporate legal department required.
- Utmost integrity and ethics; demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and operate at the highest level of discretion.
- The ability to effectively track and manage multiple projects.
- The ability to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate urgency and respect for deadlines without compromising work quality.
- Ability to analyze, draft, review, proof, redline and/or manage complex legal documents, especially contracts.
- Experience interacting with legal professionals, external counsel, 3rd parties, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to function competently as a key team member of the Legal team.
- Extremely organized with strong project management skills.
- Excellent skills in Database Management/Reporting, project management tools and Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
- Private equity portfolio company experience preferred.
- Experience with ContractWorks or other contracts management systems and Adobe Sign a plus.