How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the medical staff Peer Review, Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation
(OPPE) and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) functions in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) Standards, CMS Conditions of Participation, WellStar Medical Staff Bylaws and Professional Practice Evaluation Policy. Analysis of events that require peer review and the examination of medical records as identified by clinical indicators or triggers is an integral part of this role. The Coordinator is responsible for managing and maintaining the confidentiality of the peer review process, quality records and performance improvement documentation to support the Professional Practice Evaluation Policy and Medical Staff Credentialing process. Prepares and maintains physician quality documentation, quality profiles as well as other assigned physician related performance improvement projects related to FPPE/OPPE. Supports the hospital Peer Review Committees and the hospital Vice President of Medical Affairs (VPMA).
Required Minimum Education
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Nursing or healthcare-related field preferred)
Required Minimum Experience
- Current clinical licensure to practice in Georgia preferred. CPHQ certification or other Safety/Quality Certification preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in healthcare, nursing or clinical practice
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in peer review, risk prevention, or quality preferred.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and display data; strong attention to detail; meticulous accuracy and thoroughness.
In depth knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Must demonstrate the ability to accurately use a computer and standard office software such asMicrosoft excel, word, access and power point and competency with data reporting systems. Aptitude in collaborating with teams that include key stakeholders and/or leadership to reach consensus
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and flexibility to balance changing priorities. Ability to build relationships and foster communication among stakeholders in clinical and non-clinical settings.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!