Responsible for the preparation of the meals in accordance to the planned menu. Ensures sufficient food is prepared, minimizing waste. Participates in kitchen clean-up to facilitate sanitizing of all food service areas. May provide supervision and training to Job Corps Work-Based Learning students. Will provide supervision and training to kitchen staff in coordination with the Food Services Manager.
- Supervises Food Services staff during assigned shifts in the absence of management staff.
- Oversees food serving, dining room activities and student conduct.
- Prepares food in accordance with planned menu. Prepares food in sufficient quantities and with sufficient care to meet student nutritional needs and health standards.
- Carries out instructions given orally or in writing.
- Makes recipe calculations involving fractions and percentages. Utilizes production schedule to minimize waste and to prepare sufficient quantities of food.
- Stores and disposes of food in the proper manner.
- Cleans kitchen area, equipment, and cafeteria as required to ensure sanitation and cleanliness of all food service areas.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of quality food.
- Renders good customer service skills and engages young adults.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities.
- Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and / or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
Prefer two to three years of experience in food service. Must be able to obtain ServSafe credentials.
"Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability." This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.