It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Academic Req: Required - High school diploma, or equivalent
Certifications: First aid, CPR, Emergency behavior intervention
Work experience: Required - 6 months of related experience and/or training Critical Action Items & Measurable Deliverables:
1. Maintain sanitary conditions in work and food service areas that meet or exceed all licensing and policy requirements.
2. Operate kitchen equipment and report any malfunctioning equipment immediately.
3. Produce a standard food product by weighing and measuring ingredients accurately.
4. Maintain knowledge of materials and equipment used in food preparation and cooking.
5. Implement Compass Connections safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
6. Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary or requested by the position supervisor.
7. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
8. Maintain Compass Connections professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in the Compass Connections employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
1. Prepare food using approved menus and recipes according to agency policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
2. Report unsafe conditions in the kitchen/dining area(s) to supervisory staff and suggest possible solutions to hazards.
3. Frequently traverse the kitchen/dining areas.
4. Frequently move food and cooking equipment weighing up to 25 pounds in the kitchen/dining areas.
1. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
2. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
3. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
4. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service population's cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
b. Provide excellent customer service using organizational and planning skills. c. Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene.
d. Work in a fast-paced environment and maintain emotional control and professional composure at all times.
e. Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
f. Distinguish small details and markings near the observer.
g. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team. 5. Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Compass Connections policies and procedures.
• Here at Compass Connections, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. Please feel free to apply for this position even if your work experience and education do not align perfectly with every requirement for this job description. You may very well be the perfect candidate for this role or other ones that we have open. Thank you for your interest in joining our mission!
• Compass Connections is committed to following immunization recommendations produced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, our company policy requires that all employees must receive an annual Influenza vaccination or obtain an approved exemption as a medical or religious accommodation. This is a condition of employment, and all new hires will be responsible for providing proof.
• Compass Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Compass Connections, not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It our policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster
Posted about 14 hours ago
Santa Clara, California
Posted about 11 hours ago
San Jose, California
Posted about 11 hours ago