Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for leading and development of the controls and automation team, in compliance to product development schedules, determination and attainment of target cost, managing to the agreed upon capital and expense budgets, overseeing compliance to applicable industry standards, and coordinating with all other departments to assure smooth new product launches and field support.
Leadership - 40-60%
Project Execution - 40-60%
- Leads controls and automation (C&A) functions and partners with Engineering, Operations, Sales and Service teams to insure effective and timely product development and field support
- Prioritizes the efforts of the staff and removes obstacles
- Ensures Nordco's Values (Integrity, Innovate, Grow, Deliver, Protect) are instilled in the daily team culture
- Provides regular project updates, formal reports, and presentations to other leaders of company
- Provides staff recommendations to VP & GM of RWE
Industry Participation - less than 20%
- Develops and monitors C&A expense budget to achieve business goals regarding new product introduction, growth from new products, and field support
- Partners with Project Manager to create and execute detailed project and resource schedules to support product development projects
- Works closely with NPD Manager, Project and Product Managers to ensure assigned tasks are completed on time, within budget, per project specifications
Continuous Improvement - 40-60%
- Participates in industry organizations/agencies that are responsible for developing standards for our products to represent the Company as requirements change. As new products are developed, assures that all applicable safety requirements are met
New Technology Introduction and R&D - 20-40%
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement within the C&A organization focused on shortening development timelines, improving the execution of product programs, and improving processes within the team
- Works closely with the customers, Engineering, Sales, and Service to identify new product needs, identify improvements to existing products, support products in the field, and prioritize new projects along with existing projects.
- Works closely with NPD engineering on new technology, equipment or material introductions to assure that product specifications are not compromised. As needed, coordinates directly with suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Identifies and quantifies additional or leading edge technology or systems.
- Bachelors Electrical Engineering
- Masters - Electrical Engineering or MBA
- Experience in the design and support of mobile controls
- Experience with heavy mobile equipment.
- Experience with industrial or mobile automation
- Experience leading a team (Team Leader/Supervisor/Manager)
- Above average financial and budgeting skills.
- Verbal & Written communication skills
- Team Building
- Results driven
- Strategic focus
- High level of integrity
- Ability to develop a 1-3 year strategic plan and supporting product roadmap.
Work is primarily light duty and requires the ability to regularly lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit, stand and walk unassisted. Requires the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to talk and hear. Normal correctable vision is required.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.