CohnReznick has an exciting opportunity for a Compliance and Monitoring Manager in our Austin TX office.
If you are:
Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
CohnReznick is a top National Advisory, Assurance and Tax accounting, firm with a team of over 3,000 employees in 25 cities. As a member of our team, we will provide you with the necessary tools to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage a team of compliance and audit personnel responsible for performing variance types of compliance and audit activities associated with government funds and projects;
- Assist in the development of audit programs and procedures to test compliance with project controls and mitigate potential integrity risks;
- Conduct on site monitoring of activities and interviews of personnel, as necessary
- Assign, monitor and track compliance activities while providing periodic status reports and managing assignment budgets;
- Review and oversee continuous compliance monitoring of government-sponsored projects or grants and provide detailed compliance reports related to compliance activities;
- Oversee the review and processing of payment requests from various governmental and nonprofit stakeholders while ensuring timeliness and compliance with all applicable regulations and policies associated with State or Federal funds;
- Manage professional relationships with local officials on a daily basis; communicate issues and status with federal and state partners;
- Manage, develop, train, and coach staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews;
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively;
- Lead meetings and confer with federal, state, and local government officials.
You will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or related field;
- Active CPA license a plus;
- 3-6 years of progressive management experience while serving governments, international organizations, and/or private clients in fields of disaster relief and emergency preparedness;
- Proven ability to perform financial, operational, and system audits within the disaster relief and recovery industry;
- Demonstrated expertise leading government-related engagements including components such as: contract and risk management, public accounting practices and procedures, internal audit, financial statement and Single audits, indirect costs and cost allocation plans, 2 CFR Part 200 compliance, and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).;
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards (GASB), and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS);
- Superior client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships;
- Experience leading virtual and non-virtual team members in a consulting environment;
Ability to travel to client sites as needed.
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses. #LI #CB