WSFS is seeking a Compliance Analyst. The Compliance Analyst is responsible for operational support duties of the Compliance Department; assists the Fair and Responsible Banking Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, or as directed. This position assists in originating, implementing, and maintaining the Bank's compliance programs to ensure conformity and adherence with all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Provides support to all areas of the department as directed or where service or assistance is needed.
- Helps in the coordination and support of compliance audits and examinations.
- Performs a variety of routine daily tasks; reviews reports, prepares correspondence; and participates in special department projects.
- Maintains a proficient knowledge of all applicable banking laws, rules, and regulations.
- Provides clerical assistance and support for the Bank’s CRA data collection, tracking and reporting software systems, and submits such information to appropriate regulatory authorities and independent auditors within assigned timelines as directed.
- Provides clerical support for the process of documenting, tracking, and responding to complaints concerning regulations, the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the Bank’s Compliance Library and ensures materials are current and available for use and reference.
- Assists in conducting various risk assessments as directed.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable reporting and recordkeeping requirements and timely distribution of related materials and publications to designated Associates.
- Helps coordinate compliance training presentations and exercises with all Bank Associates, including material presented to Associates during the new hire orientation process.
- Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; and upholds organizational values; and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; and builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules, and regulations.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; and benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university; or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in financial institution operations, security, compliance, or legal areas involving banking laws, rules, and regulations, investigations or fraud prevention. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry, or regulatory or law enforcement agency.
- Professional accreditation such as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), and Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Bank administration, lending and operations products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in all operational and lending activities and terminology.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and Associates.
- Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets, variables, and situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.