It's more than a career, it's a calling.
OK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma City
Our mission as a faith-based organization calls us to care for the most vulnerable in our community, and helps you live your calling in a collaborative team environment. For our Community Health Specialist position, we are looking for someone who is outgoing, excellent at building relationships, and has the organizational skills to successfully manage community benefit efforts and related programs. The ideal candidate will have public health and/or community health experience. A Master's in Public Health (MPH) or related field is preferred. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Implement community health partnerships, programs, and activities throughout the community the ministry serves. Maximize the related reporting of qualifying expenses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Partners with market leadership to conduct the Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) including the collection and analysis of internal and external data in service of the CHNA processes.
- Facilitates collaboration with community stakeholders in the CHNA process and ensure community engagement - including diverse groups within the community in the CHNA process.
- Ensures successful completion and implementation of a Community Health Improvement Plan including the implementation and evaluation of policies, program and services that align with identify community health needs.
- Maintains a successful level of community engagement with community members, partners and collaborators in a culturally aware and competent manner and ensures that the diverse perspectives of internal and external stakeholders are honored.
- Brings about collaboration and improved health in the communities served by the ministry and identifies public policy advocacy opportunities aligned with community health needs and organizational advocacy leadership.
- Partners in strategic thinking and organizational leadership as part of a region-wide community health improvement strategy.
- Promotes public health principles within the broader activities and efforts of SSM Health and helps co-workers understand connections between community health efforts and the mission and values of SSM Health while also generating co-worker engagement in community health and reporting.
- Assists with planning of community health improvement activities that includes accomplishing community benefit reporting in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Evaluates the impact of policies, programs and services to support informed decisions about future activities and programming.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education
80580040 Mission Integration and Community BenefitWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.