Digital Realty is seeking to add to our growing sales team of Commercial Sales Managers responsible for sourcing, developing and growing sales opportunities for our global colocation and interconnection services. The Commercial Sales Manager will actively prospect and manage an assigned account based to identify customers business need/challenges and propose technical solutions that support growth and long-term business relationships. Digital Realty is looking for a competitive contributor who envisions themselves growing with the organization.
- Plan, build, and nurture relationships within assigned accounts/prospects to position Digital Realty as a trusted advisor and provider of choice
- Direct responsibility for the identification, contact, qualification and development of qualified new accounts and opportunities
- Lead coordinated sales approach with extended sales team members (Sales Engineers, Customer Success, Commercial Management, Sales Operations, etc.) to drive opportunities to closure
- Manage inbound leads from Marketing and Partner/Alliance channels with timely engagement and response to inquiries to drive opportunity conversions
- Meet and exceed sales target of new monthly recurring revenue by building sales pipeline of qualified opportunities, articulating value proposition, and delivering a winning proposal
- Methodically log/track customer interactions to produce regular activity reports and maintain opportunity pipeline in SFDC to provide accurate forecasts
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with customers to identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Develops account plans that are focused on maintaining/growing accounts by researching and developing an understanding of the customer business and organizational landscape
- Contribute to customer contract renewals and negotiations to reduce churn
- Facilitate ongoing customer relationships to provide exceptional internal and external customer service and timely resolution of customer issues while promoting the company's core values
- Support and promote ongoing corporate strategy and initiatives
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of related working experience preferably in the data center, telecommunications, IT, or technology fields
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to conduct presentations to variety of levels both internal and external to the company
- Ability to interact with cross-functional peers as well as senior management
- Strong solution selling skills and relationship management skills
- Proven expertise to develop relationships from cold calling or networking activity
- Proficient at planning and executing account strategies and maintaining effective long-term business relationships with key decision makers
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
- Capacity to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply knowledge
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline and effectively forecast both short- and long-term sales cycles
- History of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with strict deadlines
- Familiarity and commitment to daily activity tracking in CRM tool. Salesforce experience a plus.
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.Our Mission
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.Our Vision
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.Our Values
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.