Dragados USA is seeking a Field Engineer to currently support the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel expansion project. The Field Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Civil Construction Manager in field and office operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and tracks design packages' status, generates, and follows up with the request for information (RFIs) or field design change requests
- Attends pre-shift meetings and weekly MOT (Maintenance of Traffic) meetings
- Inspects field work to verify monthly payment request from subcontractors
- Coordinates and verifies concrete waste
- Responsible for 4-week-look-ahead schedule for self-perform work or as provided by subcontractor
- Generates weekly or monthly reports related to the progress of the project
- Generates permit modifications or close current permits and tracks its status
- Responsible for ticket collection and tracking (concrete - asphalt - dirt)
- Responsible for drafting and compiling daily reports
- Assists in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Assists in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or study results.
- Verify and complete request for proposals, estimates and other technical documents.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Engineering (or related field)
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil construction, or a related field.
- Familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering
- 2+ years of related work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Architectural Drawing
- Enterprise Application Software
- Ms Project
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.