Hiring for Greater Louisville, KY / Southern Indiana Area
OHM Advisors' Greater Louisville office is seeking a Civil Engineer-in-Training with 2+ years of experience. As an EIT, you will contribute to design work from conception to completion across a broad range of projects including water resources, site development, environmental, transportation, and construction management. We work on exciting mixed-use and public-private partnership projects between communities and developers. These and numerous other professional opportunities with local projects will provide the foundation to grow your career in the direction of your passions.
Your Primary Focus
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Collaboratively and effectively work within a team setting to serve OHM Advisors' core mission of Advancing Communities.
- Gain foundational understandings of engineering principles, industry standards, and design procedures to support sound decision-making for tasks.
- Develop abilities with analysis and design software packages like AutoCAD, MicroStation, ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, EPA/PC-SWMM, etc.
- Participate in periodic site visits and field data collections to understand real-world conditions and to support analyses and recommendations.
- Interact with project managers and clients on the development of studies, reports, engineering recommendations, and construction plans and specifications.
- Plan and organize the scheduling of specific tasks and assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Dedicate time to continuing education and further developing skillsets through specialty training, conference attendance, professional organizations, etc.
- Support the design of projects utilizing analysis tools and software packages like AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydraflow, AutoTurn, etc.
- At the direction & guidance of a Project Manager, prepare site design plans, including geometric layout, utility services, grading, drainage, stormwater and detention design, erosion control, and construction details
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program or related field is required.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification and internship/co-op experience preferred.
- A desire to collaborate in a team setting.
OHM's Greater Louisville office is a growing team of professionals who value quality work, a fun office environment, and healthy life-work balance. OHM's mission of Advancing Communities includes each office "community". We understand that our employees have lives outside of work and want to support them in living those lives to the fullest. We encourage our employees to take time for themselves and their families. We offer a variety of benefits, programs, and flexible work arrangements to help our employees meet their individual needs and achieve optimal life-work wellbeing. Whether working remotely, in the office, or out on a project site, you will feel part of a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to continually advance the communities we serve. Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse team of 650+ professionals work collaboratively across multiple service areas, including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and construction engineering, to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working together, driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving, design, and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We create places for communities of people that help solve a problem and drive them forward-advancing the whole community today and well into the future. Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn't just for our clients. We're committed to moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you'll enjoy challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there's not just cool work on big projects. You'll be empowered to create your own career path in a culture that supports your individual professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website. OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.