SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc..
- Responsible for all Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
- Understand and keep current with all Laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
- Provide guidance to Laboratory Technicians to maintain proper level of training among Laboratory personnel, which can include supervisory duties.
- Complete all Laboratory reports, as applicable.
- Understand and keep current with all Laboratory analysis methods.
- Responsible for the operation of Gas Chromatograph and other Laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, with emphasis in chemistry or other related field.
- Candidates with transferrable experience will be considered first (petrochemical, petroleum, water, soil, environmental, etc.) as it relates to the responsibilities above.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year transferable industry experience (not academic) but in a production working laboratory. Candidates with prior experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical field will be considered first.
- Must be experienced with instrumentation and calibrations.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
- Must be able to work alternate shift with rotational week-ends.
- Position includes overtime and you can be called back to the laboratory during off hours, due to emergency projects.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Acts accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals and petroleum products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, while achieving different deadlines.
- Maintain current knowledge of advances in technology relating to the position.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other office applications.