Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
If you are an energetic Registered Nurse who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
NGHS is currently seeking an experienced Charge Nurse for our Medical Intermediate Care Unit in Gainesville.
This is a Full Time Night Shift position
Sign-on Bonus Eligible
Our Medical IMC is a 10 Bed unit with focus on Pulmonology care.
We're looking for someone who:
- The Charge Nurse, under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or administrative supervisor, facilitates and assists with all levels of Nursing care provided to patients within a Nursing unit or practice location.
- The Charge Nurse will assist Clinical Nurses with day to day problem solving and will facilitate communication between care team providers.
- He/She coordinates, elevates and resolves problems and conflicts as they occur.
- The Charge Nurse assumes shift accountability for patient flow, matching patient needs with available resources, and elevates patient safety concerns/situations as well as any other situation that is unable to be resolved during the shift.
- The Charge Nurse leadership role is critical to improving the quality of care provided on the individual Nursing unit/practice setting.
- In addition to these responsibilities, when needed the Charge Nurse may assume all or partial staff nurse responsibilities.
- The Charge Nurse is the first level of administration assigned to the unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- The Charge Nurse participates in Peer Interviewing and Peer Evaluation.
- The Charge Nurse is included in worked hours per patient day (WHPPD) and is assigned by self to direct patient care assignment as unit need indicates.
- The Charge Nurse assists in the advancement of the professional practice environment by communicating the NGHS Nursing strategic direction and focusing on activities that support the Nursing strategic direction.
- Provides Nursing involvement support for VOICE and the NDNQI quality teams including supporting team members in their professional participation.
- Assists with overall clinical governance and other projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Professional Organization Membership within three months of hire into the role. Associate Nursing degree. BSN strongly encouraged within five years.Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.Required: A minimum of one year in a direct patient care role in an acute care environment and in the specialty. Preferred: Three years of direct patient care.
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals- Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals- Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs- Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers- Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.