Celent is a division of Oliver Wyman and one of the world's leading international research and advisory firms. We exist to understand how emerging technologies are positioned to disrupt the financial services sector, influencing the creation of new propositions and business models. Our clients are an eclectic mix of the world's top financial institutions, technology solution providers and market advisors spread over 30 countries.
Our goal is to educate and inform our clients about the amazing benefits of this technology and how they can deploy them for advantage.
We do this through delivering a range of services, including a retained advice model that provides access to our team, primary research, knowledge-base, and digital tool-set (VendorMatch); and short high-impact strategy consulting, working with clients on specific opportunities within their business.
Practice Group:Financial Services - Wealth Management
Location:North Americas (Remote)
Role and Responsibilities Overview
We are looking for an energetic and ambitious leader to shape the client agenda for the Wealth Management sector within Celent and lead a team of research analysts charged with creating content for executives within wealth managers, brokerages, banks, insurers, their platforms and the surrounding ecosystem of market participants.
It is a player/coach role that requires the candidate to contribute their own fresh innovative content and ideas, while also overseeing the team's production of research, presentations, data collection and curation, client events and webinars, interviews, surveys, briefings against major research and client projects and short high-impact strategy consulting, working with clients on specific opportunities within their business.
Primary responsibilities include:
Your Attributes and Experience
- Grow profitably the client base and revenue of our Wealth Management team, identifying new investments as required.
- Shape our technology research agenda and annual plan for the Wealth Management sector, engaging with client executives and the team to gather requirements for fresh and innovative content that is in-demand and thought provoking.
- Lead the day-to-day activity of the team ensuring frequent and impactful content production and client service delivery; coaching and developing their skills as needed and managing performance against individual goals.
- Improve our influence and impact through growing our network of industry practitioners and exploring mutually beneficial partnerships (with the media, conference organizers, industry trade bodies, academics, and other influencers). This will include looking for innovative ways to leverage content, horizontal themes and intellectual property across Celent and Oliver Wyman.
- Work closely with business development and client service teams to identify further opportunities for growth and achieve higher levels of existing client satisfaction.
- Become a brand ambassador for Celent, developing and promoting a leading market profile as a Wealth Management technology strategy influencer.
- Conduct one's own leading-edge research into emerging technologies / wealthtech, and client consulting, contributing towards the team's overall result.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the team's work, while also ensuring the protection of client confidentiality.
We are looking for someone focused on the potential business value of emerging technologies / fintech within the Wealth Management sector, with a keen interest in how the market structure and technology solution landscape will evolve over the next few years. They will need to maintain an optimistic but grounded and pragmatic perspective on what's possible.
The candidate should be comfortable with building trusted relationships with senior executives across the sector, whether they are the COO, CTO, business executive or technology solution provider CEO. This is primarily a business technology strategy role as opposed to business or market strategy.Academic background
- Excellent academic credentials from a top university.
- MBAs or other advanced degrees (MS, PhD, etc.), in or with option in data or computer science is preferred.
Skill and expertise
- 10+ years' experience in a top wealth management firm or division of a financial institution (brokerage, investment platform business, bank or insurer) with responsibility for technology strategy or delivery; or
- 10+ years' experience in a management consulting firm, or other research & advisory firm working within the sector
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to learn about and master new areas of technology
- Commercial and team leadership experience, with a collaborative approach to problem solving, and the ability to work in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral
- Proven high impact public presence, speaking and facilitation skills
- Strong understanding of research methods, qualitative and quantitative
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to learn about and master new areas
- A working knowledge of wealth management systems, interfaces, data and the underlying infrastructure and the day to day operations of a wealth management business.
- A keen interest in understanding emerging technologies and their relationship to wealthtech.
- Ability to work independently
The role is intended to be itinerant or working from home.Each Celent team member is attached to an office. Your base office location will be selected from Boston, New York, Dallas, San Francisco, or Toronto.Good global candidates from outside the US or Canada will also be considered. Permitted base locations include London, Zurich, Singapore or Tokyo.
Celent is an equal opportunityemployer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect yet, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Celent does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.