Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Reports to the Catering Manager. The Catering Delivery Driver Associate is an integral part of the catering team, who is responsible for daily food deliveries, between locations, and set ups. The responsibilities for this position include prep for functions, assembling of dessert and some food platters, driving to outer location, delivery of food and clean-up of all functions. The ideal candidate will have catering experience and a good eye for presentation. Excellent customer service skills are a must, as the Catering Associate interacts frequently with customers and clients. Safety and sanitation are also a major priority. Ensures that the vehicle is clean and prepared. Documents the deliveries for departmental records and billing purposes. Must posses an ability to read, understand, and follow direction, banquet event sheets, and work assignments. Must be willing and able to work flexible hours. Must be patient and tolerant toward guests, staff, patients, and family members at all times.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications: Valid and current Class C or D drivers license.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: Good Driving Record - Must have less than two (2) moving violations in the past three (3) years on Motor Vehicle Report. Must be 21 years of age as a requirement of NGHS vehicle insurance carrier. One (1) year of related experience and/or training in food production and/or catering.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Preferred Experience: Prior catering transport experience.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ability to work with people under stress
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be a competent vehicle operator
- Familiarity with common roads and landmarks in the normal operating territory.
- Moves and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies, and equipment throughout and between the facility(s)
- Catering experience and a good eye for presentation
- Maintains a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Work kitchen equipment such as ovens, ranges, dish-washing machines, and steam tables.
- Prepares beverages and food items according to recipes as needed.
- Help prep all areas of operations as needed.
- Wash and store dishes as needed. Follow cleaning schedules and perform cleaning duties as scheduled.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times.
- Follow Federal and State long term care regulations and Dietary Department policies and procedures.
- Practices safety, infection control, and emergency procedures according to facility policies.
- Assist in the receiving and storing food and supplies as needed.
- Follow established reporting procedures for supply or equipment needs, any damages or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair, or any unsafe malfunctioning equipment.
- Is courteous, considerate and cooperative when communicating with all guests, team members, clinical support personnel, and client personnel.
- Performs job correctly and safely and observes rules of conduct, dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Consistently uses proper safety equipment and follows rules of conduct safety. Knows where MSDS information is located.
- Demonstrates high standards of personal hygiene according to departmental policy, including but not limited to using proper hand washing technique, observing hospital "no smoking" policy, wearing hairnet or hat in food production area, and maintaining neat appearance.
- Maintains the transport vehicle in a condition suitable for transportation of Food and is prepared to promptly respond to the correct location. Completes a pre-trip inspection of vehicle to include engine fluids, lights, leaks, tire wear, and cleanliness including detailing the interior of the vehicle and cleaning up any spills.
- Ensures the vehicle's exterior is cleaned, fueled, and fully stocked with all needed food and supplies, spill kits, cleaning solutions, and trip documentation forms.
- Operates the vehicle in a safe manner as determined by Georgia Code, department guidelines, and GA State specifications.
- Uses proper lifting techniques.
- Ensures that proper food temps are maintained and free from the weather while outside of the vehicle or buildings.
- Properly secures the food products and supplies to and from the vehicle.
- Keeps an accurate trip sheet on every transport. Maintains communication with the Nutrition Services. Keeps the communication device on their person at all times during the shift. Submits completed documentation to the designated and secure location.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Heavy, Constantly 66-100% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
Pushing/Pulling: Frequently 31-65%
Intensity of Work: Frequently 31-65%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Fingering, Driving
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
This job has expired.