Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Los Angeles office:
Career Rewards Consultant - Senior Analyst
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The Career Rewards Consultant is responsible for producing research-driven data on broad-based compensation to help clients drive business performance
- You will support senior colleagues in the design and implementation of compensation and incentive program strategies to attract, reward, and retain talent
- You will analyze clients' financial and compensation data versus market utilizing Excel modelling skills
- You will create exhibits to compare market compensation data to client compensation data to support client meetings under general review of more senior consultants
- You will assist senior colleagues in creating comprehensive compensation programs across a spectrum of industries and organizations
- You will work alongside some of the industry's top consultants and develop cutting-edge technical knowledge and skills
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand, with experience developing solutions for today's and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- The opportunity to contribute intellectual capital and leadership as part of the global leader in human resources consulting
- An opportunity to cross-train in other Career areas, such as executive compensation and communication/change management consulting
- A culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time-off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service
What you need to have:
- Research public filings to gather financial data, develop peer groups to analyze client data, and use third-party software in addition to Mercer's in-house technology to run reports and extract market data to use in production of analysis
- Assist in preparing client presentations and reports by using Excel data and PowerPoint for review by more senior consultants on the team
- Work with colleagues to ensure market data are reasonable and client specifications are met, and complete revisions as necessary
- Understand talent management trends, pay practices, and policies for a particular client and within the broader marketplace
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 2 years' relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, human resources or accounting preferred; project management experience; experience in data analysis, financial modeling, and presentation design
- Proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.