The University of Iowa Community Clinics is seeking a patient centered Care Team Coordinator (CTC) 100% (40 hours a week) to work in our UICC Bettendorf Clinic. This position supports our team based care where you'll spend more time with patients and expand your physician-support and administrative duties, increases the efficiency and productivity of the physician and anticipates future needs to facilitate the flow of the clinic. Accurately documents events and decision-making in a manner that results in appropriate medical charting. Our team specialize in the care of everyone in the family, in every generation, from birth, for life.
Our Care Team Coordinator (Medical Assistant)provide full medical and surgical services, from general dermatology care to specialty services, to patients with skin diseases.We use the latest techniques to care for a range of conditions affecting the skin. We also work closely with you to take precautions against skin cancer, infections, dry skin and the aging effects of sun exposure. Our services include treatment of cosmetic skin problems such as age spots and birthmarks and the removal of unwanted hair and tattoos. We offer chemical peels, Botox injections and dermal fillers. We also offer general dermatology services and we offer quick scheduling for appointments.
Our Care Team Coordinator's (Medical Assistant)accompany the physicians or medical providers into the examination rooms in order to transcribe the clinician's and care team's encounter with the patients in real time. They accurately and thoroughly document the encounter with our patients as it is being performed by the providers, which may include documentation in the following sections: problem list, history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam, assessment and plan, procedures and treatments performed by team, patient education, orders, medications, referrals, explanations of risks and benefits, and instructions for self-care and follow-up.
This position comes with the University of Iowa's generous, full benefit package including double-match retirement, paid vacation, and sick leave, and much more! This position also includes FREE on-site parking as well!
#CTC #Medical Assistant #UICC #bestbenefits #CMA
Under direct supervision of LIP (licensed independent practitioner), RN (registered nurse), NM/ANM (nurse manager/assistant nurse manager) or other licensed designee, functions as a member of the patient care team. Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in the clinic setting by coordinating all elements of the patient visit. Enters information into the electronic medical record at the direction of the physician or licensed independent practitioner. Increases the efficiency and productivity of the physician and anticipates future needs to facilitate the flow of the clinic. Accurately documents events and decision-making in a manner that results in appropriate medical charting. Performs technical and patient care responsibilities as directed by physician or licensed independent practitioner.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Duties to include:
WE CARE Core Values:
- Performs patient care responsibilities of a Medical Assistant or other certified health care provider including, but not limited to, assisting with physical examinations, administering routine medications, performing routine laboratory tests, and operating and maintaining specialized medical equipment.
- Responsible for the daily flow of the Care Team and facilitates daily team huddles. The Care Team Coordinator understands clinic flow to maximize clinic usage to meet patient needs.
- Follows enhanced and standard patient rooming protocols. Prepares the clinic note for the patient visit by manually bringing in provider-built Electronic Medical Record (EMR) documentation tools for the following sections: history of present illness, review of system, physical exam, assessment and plan. Ensures health maintenance section (including quality reporting measures) and immunizations are up to date.
- Populates patient-reported information into provider-built EMR documentation tools for the specific disease states and preventative visits.
- Reviews EMR for patient care gaps, addresses and updates missing data.
- Communicates a summary of the patient-reported information to the provider prior to entry of the room or within the room with the patient present.
- Accompanies the physician or medical provider into the examination room in order to transcribe the clinician's and care team's encounter with the patient in real time.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents the encounter with the patient as it is being performed by the provider, which may include documentation in the following sections: problem list, history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam, assessment and plan, procedures and treatments performed by team, patient education, orders, medications, referrals, explanations of risks and benefits, and instructions for self-care and follow-up.
- Appropriately documents results of laboratory and radiographic studies as dictated by the clinician. Organizes all patient test results and transcribes the results of the encounter into the patient's medical record.
- Responsible for the input of orders for provider signature or signing orders (per protocol) as directed by the provider. This may include referral orders, medication refill orders, imaging orders, or lab orders.
- Identifies the portions of the encounter that were scribed on behalf of the provider using the scribe signature per policy.
- Schedules future appointments, referrals, procedures, and diagnostics as appropriate.
- Provides patient instruction using pre-approved patient education materials specific to the chief complaint or for the health promotion of observed behaviors known to contribute to poor health, as directed by the provider.
- Prints after visit summary and completes discharge of patient from exam room.
- Provides age-appropriate care/service as applicable to role.
- Assures reliable, predictable outcomes and no needless waits.
- Acts as patient advocate to ensure all concerns are met and engages extended care team members as appropriate.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement activities in the clinic and implementing evidenced based practice (EBP) research best practices.
Welcoming - We strive for an environment where everyone has a voice that is heard, that promotes the dignity of our patients, trainees, and employees, and allows all to thrive in their health, work, research, and education.
Excellence - We aim to achieve and deliver our personal and collective best in the pursuit of quality and accessible healthcare, education, and research.
Collaboration - We encourage collaboration with healthcare systems, providers, and communities across Iowa and the region, as well as within our UI community. We believe teamwork - guided by compassion - is the best way to work.
Accountability - We behave ethically, act with fairness and integrity, take responsibility for our own actions, and respond when errors in behavior or judgment occur.
Respect - We are committed to ensuring that UI Health Care is an inclusive environment where individuals from the full spectrum of diversity - which includes identity, backgrounds, cultures, ability and perspective -feel safe, seen, and valued.
Equity - We dedicate ourselves to equity and fairness in research, health care, education and health.
• Regular salaried position located in Bettendorf / QCA area
• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation as well as paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits Percent of Time: 100% (40 hours per week) Schedule:
Variable hours accomplished between Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM; no weekends, no on-call and no holidays. Location: Bettendorf, IA (occationally other clinical locations within a 1 - 2 hour radius) Pay Grade: 9
$37,668.80 to $55,931.20 / Hourly rate: $18.11 - $26.89 (based on years of experience
) Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Two years of work experience as a Medical Assistant or other health care provider involving direct patient care, and
- Certification OR registration as a Medical Assistant OR completion of a recognized one year Medical Assistant Program, OR Completion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating technical patient care elements including but not limited to: pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program accredited by ABHES or CAAHEP, graduation from a college with institutional accreditation by regional or national accrediting agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or LPN licensure is required.
- Medical Terminology.
- Public Contact/Customer Service.
- Current course completion card in Basic Cardiac Life Support for Healthcare Provider by the American Heart Association.
- Current course completion card in Advanced Cardiac Life Support by the American Heart Association.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Previous healthcare support experience, 1 to 3 years (in past 3 years) in healthcare setting in acute care environment, Emergency Department/Trauma Center, or Family Medicine Clinic.
- Computer skills and ability to navigate the EMR - Epic, Word.
- Staff may be required to receive a passing score on work samples to be considered for this position.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume
(under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Care Team Coordinator
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Part-time
- Pay Level: 9
- Starting Salary Minimum: 37668.80
- Starting Salary Maximum: 55931.20
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Jennifer Allen
- Contact Email: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu