MV Transportation is seeking a California State Certified School Bus Trainer who is responsible for the training and monitoring of new vehicle operators, and is properly certified in the required techniques to ensure each new operator is as safe and prepared as possible. The Certified Trainer instructs operators on all policies and procedures, complying with California State School Bus guidelines, and is responsible for monitoring and evaluating all trainees as they progress through Supplier's certified training programs. The Certified Trainer also conducts follow-up ride-checks throughout the new team member's probationary period.
- Manage new hire and veteran operator training programs to ensure that all operators receive the minimum initial training and that all employees receive required annual and on-going training.
- Provide and/or manage classroom and behind the wheel instruction according to corporate and client specifications in all aspects of vehicle operation in the course of passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement, proper manifest documentation, use of on-board equipment, accident and emergency procedures, dispatch and radio communications, and passenger sensitivity.
- Provide and/or manage monthly or annual ongoing/refresher training in topics relevant to the service and service area and in a timely manner.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all training activities and accurate completion of all training related employee records.
- Establish relationships with key client agency personnel to identify additional training needs, resources and opportunities.
- Conduct regular audits of employee training files
- Ensure that all project training materials are up to date, that necessary supplies are available and that inventories are secured and kept up to date.
- Maybe required to perform road observations and training follow-up out in the field when not assigned to classroom duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the division General Manager.
- Five (5) years of full-time experience as a School Bus Operator.
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment required.
- California State Certified School Bus Training Certificate.
- Must be able to pass a live scan.
- Excellent safety and service record.
- High School diploma and or equivalent.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Safety rules and regulations applicable to bus operations including CDL rules, vehicle traffic laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of local training program and local operation.
- Knowledge of project specific vehicles, components and data/communications systems.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and corporate policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Familiar with windows-based computer operating systems and Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.