• Work closely with Materials Manager, team of other Buyer / Planners, Manufacturing Supervisors, Engineers, and Operators in areas of responsibility
• Stock and non-stock order management in a manufacturing environment
• Exercises a key role in accomplishing plant customer service and inventory objectives (Raw/WIP/Buffers/Bulk) through effective inventory management/materials planning for assigned commodities and operational schedules
• Works closely with suppliers to make sure supplier on-time is achieved. Able to foresee potential roadblocks and provide recommendations, solutions, or notify manager.
• Issues forecasts to selected vendors to assure reliable supply chain performance
• Provides assistance to all raw material/WIP warehousing and shipping/receiving functions as required
• Create shop orders and schedule work centers
• Provide shortage reports for areas of responsibility
• Reschedule orders (push in and out)
• Review component inventory levels
• Run MRP and create purchase orders as well as invoice resolution
• Expedite orders with manufacturing / vendors
• React and manage quality issues with suppliers
• Work closely with Quality Department to review and disposition non-confirming material
• Report product line performance
• Communicate status of orders to Customer Service Representative when requested
• Evaluate inventory turns on raw, WIP, and finished goods
• Assist with cost roll by maintaining accurate part data (info records)
• Able to communicate with Auditors (internal and external)
• Safety - fully support plant Health Safety and Environmental Plan
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (any discipline) or Supply Chain Management OR
• Bachelor’s Degree in other area and minimum of 1 year Supply Chain experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Outlook)
• Working knowledge and proficiency in SAP systems
• Extensive knowledge of bill of materials and routings, preferably in BUS
• Effective verbal and written skills
• Independent analysis/decision-making capabilities
• Verifiable history of customer focus
• Able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
• Project Management skills
• APICS CPIM, or an aggressive plan for achievement of certification.
• Lean certification or knowledge a plus
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel
• Must be able to work in a factory environment (steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, some areas may require hearing protection, and hard hat)
• Must be able to work in a team environment with all branches of the plant
• Must be able to make changes to plan / schedule to meet customer demands / deadlines
• Must be capable of moving about the facility, including stairs.
• Must be able to either sit or stand in the performance of job duties, often for prolonged periods of time each day.
• Ability to work long hours, including overtime and weekends is an essential function.
• Must be able to occasionally bend, squat, kneel and reach.
• Some lifting on occasion.