Projects the candidate will be working on:
- This is a technical position within a business organization. The current SQL environment was developed as needed, without a long-term plan.
- We have reached the point where only 1 person on our team can research and resolve issues or modify code for enhancements.
- We need an individual to help standardize SQL processes and structure as well as develop current staff so they can assist.
- 700+ SQL tables
- 20+ SSIS packages
- 300+ Views
- 200+ Stored Procedures
- healthcare background, worked as technical individual within a business team prior
Team and Team size:
- Team of 7 financial, reporting and data analysts.
- 1 database analyst, 6 financial/reporting analysts
- Modernize, simplify, and enhance the team's SQL processes:
- Work with Senior Leadership to develop a project plan and proactively communicate progress and questions.
- Provide recommendations on structure changes and modernization
- Review and recommend changes for SSIS packages that make them more efficient to run, allow less skilled employees to identify steps, so they can troubleshoot errors and provide more precise business requirements for enhancements
- Decommission and archive unused services
- Provide backup to SQL standard processing
- Educate entire team on research methodology and procedure to decouple complex code and understand intended outcome
- Maintain SQL server database integrity by validating and troubleshooting
- Data discovery and enhancements needed to meet requirements
- Develop tools and hand off to reporting team after processes are standardized
- 5+ years Visual Studio (SSIS)
- 5+ years SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- 5+ years Visual Studio (SSRS)
- working with complex financial data