This job has expired.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Our Renewal practice provide owners and managers with a home for solutions to a wide range of structural, envelope and building systems needs for existing properties of every use, age and construction type. Our multidisciplinary design and assessment services cover a wide range of needs. We perform condition assessments, investigations, feasibility studies and peer reviews. We design repairs, renovations and alterations and oversee their execution in the field.
We have an immediate opportunity for Structural Senior Project Engineer for our Renewal Practice. We are looking for a candidate with experience in structural design, structural repair, renovation, and retrofit design, demolition, and/or property loss consulting.
· Completing structural analysis and repair rehabilitation design of concrete, steel, timber, masonry, and other structural systems.
· Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other consultants including Architects and other Engineering disciplines, Cost Consultants, and Contractors.
· Projects will be in structural repair, renovation, demolition and expansions of current structural buildings.
· Manage and mentor other design team members and supervise the work of engineer and draft persons.
· Direct project staff in preparing contract documents, such as drawings and specifications.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture. Master's degree preferred.
· Experience with existing buildings for renovation and extensions.
· Professional Engineer and/or SE License.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
(US Locations Only) In our culture of collaboration and innovation, we find we do our best work when we are together while minimizing the risks of COVID-19. For new hires at Thornton Tomasetti, we require COVID-19 vaccination to the extent allowed by access and permitted by government jurisdiction in your area and barring any religious or medically approved exemption.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.