At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position
Imagine each single line of code can change how surgeons learn about the robotic surgery, how hospitals provides standardized trainings, and potentially, the patients’ outcome. Join a team that works every day to make a difference in the world.
We are currently seeking a Build and Release Engineer that will be working at the heart of the team to streamline and reliably build and package software—empowering the engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products efficiently. We focus on solving the most challenging problems at scale without sacrificing quality, velocity and code health.
The successful candidate will effectively apply their passion, discipline, and knowledge and hands-on skills of software build pipeline in a complete software lifecycle; meanwhile, constantly advance the software quality to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Minimum Bachelor’s in computer science or related fields
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in a release engineering, configuration management, or software engineering role (DevOps, SRE, SDET, SWE)
· Expertise with SCM systems (git preferred), release engineering, branching strategies, pull requests, git workflows, etc.
· Expertise working with engineering and project management teams, which requires very good communication and coordination skills
· Ability to propose changes and improvements and communicate system status automatically and efficiently in ways that incentivize process improvement
· Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
· Expertise with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
· Basic programming knowledge with understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies and attention to detail
· Git knowledge
· Quick learner & will communicate with many different teams
· Strong communication and team-success oriented collaboration skills
· Disciplined debugging skills and tenacious problem solver
· Software development processes including source control, bug tracking, and design documentation
· Familiarity with Agile software development
· Unix/Terminal/Command Line/Bash
· Container technology like Docker
· Plugin/extension development for CI systems
· Creative problem solver
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : NoTravel Requirements:No Shift:Shift 1 - Day
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Posted 24 minutes ago
Posted 8 minutes ago
Posted 8 minutes ago