AtBrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions - from electric vehicles, toePalletsandsoftware that leverages real-time data todrive intelligent optimizationsfor e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based inPalo Alto,with offices in Atlanta and Detroit,that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product managementandoperations,BrightDropis looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors,BrightDropis striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you'll join us.
The world has changed, and we need your help to change it for the better! The General Motors Global Innovation & Mobility Solutions team is tasked with developing and commercializing solutions to the world's mobility challenges. We invite you to join us in building a future with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion.
Global Innovation and Mobility Solutions is seeking customer-focused individuals who have a passion for innovative technologies and approaches to business. Individuals will work collaboratively with small multi-disciplinary teams to create concepts and start new ventures that solve personal and commercial mobility challenges. We are creating from ground-up a purchasing and supply organization to support a New Independent business unit.
Reporting to the Manager Global Supply, the role requires strong cross-functional working relationships with various stakeholders including finance, legal, engineering, and IT teams.
Access to advanced technologies and the autonomy to challenge convention create an exciting fast-paced environment often associated with Silicon Valley start-ups. This is a unique opportunity to innovate and scale solutions that address the world's mobility challenges. We seek experienced individuals ready to rise to the challenge!
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications/Skills:
- Develop and Execute purchasing strategies based on business, market, and technology trends and establish strong and competitive supply base
- Responsible for purchase of all or a specific portion of productive and/or non-productive materials, supplies, machinery, tooling and/or services. Responsible for actively participating in development of commodity strategy, sourcing/negotiations, budget execution.
- Optimize supply performance by analyzing and applying appropriate tools including benchmarking, cost and value chain analysis, negotiations, supply chain analysis
- Work closely with cross functional partners internally and externally to trade off imperatives and identify creative solutions, incl during RFQ management, Procure to Pay, order fulfillment, customer satisfaction, and supplier relationship management
- Drive for winning outcomes that are focused on the mission of the business
- Develop and manage great supplier relationships
- Lead and respond to critical supply chain issues and provide contingency solutions to mitigate supply chain risk or logistics disruptions for inbound and outbound logistics.
- Provide pro-active communication on issues that can impact purchasing, logistics or the supply chain
- Responsible for all critical inbound / outbound shipments (Logistics issues to customers) which includes productive material, non-productive material and services to customers.
- Develop protection of supply and contingency plans
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify creative solutions in a fast paced environment
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
- High level of capability to work independent
- Energized by a startup-type environment with the corresponding ambiguity and ability to appropriately create/adjust processes to the scale/phase of the business
- Strong understanding of legal terms/conditions, licensing models, and Security/Confidentiality requirements
- Able to balance a strong customer service experience with the integrity of the purchasing & supply chain process
- Adept at engaging and presenting to Senior Executives, tailoring to the audience
- Highly curious about industry trends (incl non-automotive) and developing new suppliers/engagement models that align to the business strategy
- Demonstrates ability to develop and apply deep cost knowledge
- Knowledge of procurement and materials software, as well as MS software applications
- Experience managing and negotiating commercial issues with suppliers and assessing customer satisfaction
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- 2 to 3 years Cost Estimations experience
- BA/BS + 5 years of experience; master's degree or MBA preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.