About Working at Commerce
Wouldn't it be great to build your career at a bank that's known for helping people with their financial challenges? That's exactly what you'd be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We're looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You'd be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we've been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you'd like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We're always looking for the best and brightest.
The Branch Manager is the person runningthebranch. You'll drive and supervise daily operations of the branch to keep customer service running smoothly while promoting security and profitability. This is a very important job that's key to the branch's success. You'llbe in charge ofmaking sure branch and individual sales expectations are met; day-to-day customer service; compliance with established policies and procedures relative to bank operations; security; human resource management; etc.
The Branch Manager monitors sales results of individuals as well as the branchas a whole againstestablished goals. You'll step in to provide coaching and assistance whenever it's needed. In addition, you'll have our own personal sales goals to meet and you may be assigned business development responsibilities as well.
You'll be a coach, leader, mentor and role model all rolled into one. You'll lead your team to build and maintain strong relationships with customers by making sure they have a great experience every time they visit the branch and by providing friendly, helpful solutions to their financial challenges.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Monitor sales efforts and results
- Observe and coach staff to improve overall customer managementbyproviding timely feedback and guidance
- Plan and implement sales tactics to assure that individual and branch sales goals are met
- Build and maintain business by actively soliciting new business from prospective customers and work directly with current customers tosell/cross sell retail products
- Service customer needs,research problems and provide follow-up to customers/staff members
- Proactively develop customer relationships by listening to and understanding the customer (both internal and external),anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs
- Generate creative solutions to situationsbytrying different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to implement the department strategy and manage department workflow with guidance on departmental projects/issues, and provide coaching and development opportunities appropriate to each direct report's individual needs
- Establish procedures to monitor the results of delegations, assignments, or projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Strong knowledge of theretail banking field,products and services and bank operations,including knowledge of best practices
- Problemsolving skills and the ability toidentify key issues from a base of information
- Exemplary customer serviceskills
- Excellent sales ability including cross-selling and referral skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to apply discretion and sound judgement to efficiently and effectively solve problems
- Ability to drive results and balance management of organizational risk and meeting goals of the business
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate team members and foster a positive team environment that gives way to collaboration and unified goals
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Associate'sdegree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2+years experienceas aBanking Services Manager/Consultant, Financial Services Representative or similar position required
- 1+ year management experience required
**Branch Manager level will be determined based upon experience** For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.
Location: 5801 NW Barry Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64154
This job has expired.