American Welding & Gas, Inc.is seeking an energetic, self-motivated candidate to fill a Branch Manager position at our Billings, MTlocation.
The Branch Manager is responsible for directing the day-to-day activities of sales, including counter sales, warehousing, distribution, production with P&L responsibilities.
Branch Manager Duties:
- Competitive pay structure with Performance Incentives
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits with no waiting period
- Collaborative environment where your input is valued daily
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-term & Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Branch Manager Qualifications:
- Lead and promote safety; organize safety meetings and strictly enforce safety rules.
- Ensure customer deliveries are dispatched in a cost-effective manner that meets customer expectations.
- Ensure phone, walk-in, and delivery customer service is upbeat, friendly, and tailored to identify the customer's need and solve it.
- Through management of sales, margins, and expenses, improve the operating income performance of the branch.
- Through management of the store ranking metrics, improve the branch's store ranking.
- Review and understand monthly financial statements and adjust to improve performance.
- Coordinate activities with other branches and/or immediate branch personnel to resolve any customer, sales or operational problems or inquires and ensure that issues are handled in a manner that enhances customer satisfaction.
- Accurately complete and submit all sales-related paperwork (e.g., shippers, invoices, inventory/tank audits, month-end reports, cash reconciliations, deposits, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Participate in the preparation of market information and annual sales analysis and forecast.
- Manage all branch personnel in accordance with company policies by hiring, training, motivating, planning and directing work, providing performance feedback, developing associates and resolving associate issues.
- Coordinate sales promotion activities and maintain and stock merchandise and display it so that it is attractive to customers. Maintain a clean and attractive store.
- Responsible for timely and quality performance appraisals of assigned personnel.
- Work in accordance with all policies and procedures and rules as prescribed by State and Federal law and the Company.
- Evaluate and monitor day-to-day activities of the branch to ensure cost effective operations and make changes to ensure same when required.
- Sell profitable sales growth to new and existing opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous management experience
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain a Class B CDL license with tanker, air brake, and hazmat endorsements
- Intermediate level computer skills
- A team player who takes ownership, creates solutions and drives for results to get the job done
- Excellent communicator who expresses consistency in words and actions, communicates directly and honestly
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Strong leadership and relationship development skills
- Pleasant, professional, and courteous personality
- Strong administrative skills: organized, efficient, and versatile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
American Welding & Gas (AWG) is an employee owned company, which manufactures and distributes industrial, medical, specialty and beverage gases. AWG is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with 77 branch locations, 16 gas fill plants in 19 states, stretching from Montana to Florida. As one of the largest independent gas and welding supply distributors, AWG has the expertise, assets and sources of supply necessary to service large, bulk cryogenic gas customers as well as small one man businesses. American Welding & Gas is growing rapidly and looking for top talent to move us forward.American Welding & Gas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.