MV Transportation is seeking a Body and Collision Repair Technician who is responsible for repairing damaged vehicle parts or may replace them, as necessary.
Talent Requirements: EDUCATION:
- Prepare and submit records of work performed both manual and computer based as required.
- Record all parts and supplies used on equipment.
- Be familiar with status and regulations pertaining to his/her trade.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed in the shop.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Inspect vehicles and generate estimates for every accident through excel.
- Order supplies as needed for body shop once a month.
- Keep body shop storage cabinets neat & organized.
- Complete vehicle campaigns.
- Remove graffiti.
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager. Will work closely with Maintenance Supervisors, Technicians, Parts Manager, Maintenance Clerk, Vendors, and the Client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / two (2) year technical degree desirable.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY:
- Minimum two (2) years body repair experience in a production environment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain pertinent ASE Bus Technician Certifications.
- Must maintain a valid California CDL, Class B or above.
- Required to provide tools of the trade.
- Must have an understanding of body and structural interfaces with advanced technologies including alternative fuels and high voltage hybrid drive systems.
- Must be proficient in the use of body repair materials and techniques including but not limited to body prep and filler application, metal and fiberglass repair and paint prep and painting.
- Must be proficient in the use of paint measurement and matching equipment and techniques.
- Familiar with company policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be familiar with and be trained in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and SDS documents pertaining to materials and practices related to body repair.
- Successful applicant must be able to work any shift, including weekends.
- Must have working knowledge of estimate practices and writing estimates.
- Must be able to work without supervision to ensure our fleet maintains a pristine appearance.
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
- Ability to read, write and understand basic directions.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.