At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We are in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we are designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position supporting the New York, NY location.
Billing Specialist/Administrative Assistant
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- As a Billing Specialist/Administrative Assistant, you will become an integral member of the Career Consulting team
- You will be part of a company committed to enhancing the health, wealth, and careers of the clients we serve and their employees - and will work for a company equally invested in the development of our own people
- You can rest assured a high value is placed on diversity and we work to foster understanding, inclusion, and innovation in the workplace
- As a core component of our workplace culture, we are fully committed to volunteering and caring for our communities
- You will be doing meaningful, challenging work, and can look forward to a career with many opportunities to learn, grow, and advance
At Mercer, we are as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits program and resources that support your wellbeing and career development as well as:
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people
- A culture of belonging, innovation, collaboration, internal mobility and extraordinary career opportunities through our four businesses: Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman, each consistently ranked the industry leader in their fields
- Competitive pay, full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution)
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and time to give back to your community; flexible work culture
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Opportunities to participate in our mentor program, as well as participate in networking with other colleagues in our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - Mercer Cares (community involvement), PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network!
What you need to have:
- Use financial systems to set up projects, run monthly financial reports and prepare client invoices. For this role, we need someone who is confident with numbers and understands the basics of finance and revenue recognition
- Manage vendor relationships by processing invoices, following up on payment status, supporting contract management, etc.
- Act as a central contact and liaison for external clients, internal colleagues and vendors, and communicate on behalf of consultants.
- Conduct research, compile data and provide findings to support project work.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Billing Specialist
What makes you stand out:
- Minimum 2 years of billing/invoicing experience
- Strong numeracy with basic knowledge of accounting and finance fundamentals required to manage client and vendor invoicing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Strong computer literacy, including the ability to pick up new technologies and navigate multiple systems without assistance
- Intermediate to Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel
- Prior experience using a billing/invoicing system
- Accounting/Finance Degree
- General administrative assistance skills (calendar, travel accounting, etc.)
- Resourcefulness - willingness to find answers
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This role is not eligible to be performed remotely from Colorado.