About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane Works, L.P. is the largest crane rental company in the United States with over 60 locations nationwide. We are the only coast to coast crane rental company in the United States and employ a zero-accident safety culture.
The Billing and Payroll Clerk is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of records, reports, and contracts to support customer billing and execute the proper payment of temporary employees. The ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality is necessary.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
* Efficiently use various computer systems (ERP) and tools to enter, extract, and compile the necessary records to support customer billing, such as timecards, purchase orders, invoices, sales tickets, etc.
* Accurately calculate amounts due.
* Assist with the preparation of invoices to customers
* Ensure fellow team members have the necessary and accurate information to follow-up on outstanding invoices.
* Learn other aspects of the department functions to provide support as needed.
* Maintain complete and accurate payroll records and files.
* Ensure proper time entry and accurate timecards are recorded in the timekeeping system.
* Prepare and organize financial statements for filing and review.
* Keep detailed records for taxes and audits.
* Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, payroll, tax filings, and reporting.
Skills and Experience
* 3+ years of experience in payroll and/or accounting.
* Understanding of payroll procedures, laws, taxes and best practices.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Experience in crane or heavy equipment rental industry a plus.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook.
* Strong working knowledge of various timekeeping and/or payroll systems and ERPs; ADP and/or JD Edwards a plus.
* Highly detail-oriented with a propensity for accuracy.
* Ability to build collaborative working relationships.
* Effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!
Charleston, South Carolina
Posted 43 minutes ago
Fort Worth, Texas
Posted 43 minutes ago
Posted 42 minutes ago