Behavioral Health Case Manager - Preventative Services
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Provides support including but not limited to coordination of traditional healing activities in communities served by the YKHC's MSPI/Suicide Prevention and Family Spirit program gatherings, organize and coordinating gatherings for the promotion of traditional healing and promotion of healthy living. Coordination including preparation, facilitators, elders, travel, reporting and other necessary activities required for each gathering in communities, facilitating traditional healing activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in human services/health related field preferred.
- (5) Five years experience in the field of behavioral health or similar community service, with at least two years experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
- Up to four years can be substituted for bachelor's degree.
- Other professional/responsible work experience may be substituted on a case by case basis.
License, Certification, Registration:
- Valid Alaska Driver's License and ability to be insured under corporate policy.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic counseling skills and knowledge of Healthy Families,
- Traditional Yup'ik Healing.
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Bilingual Yup'ik/English required.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13496Location:BethelDepartment:Behavioral HealthEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)